• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Willing to take on a few Hoops Bets @ 17.5

Because it is stupid hyperbole that nobody believes.

It's not hyperbole and many people believe it.

You have been wearing wrap around rose colored glasses that cover your rose colored contact lens....now this is minor hyperbole.

dude. come on. Don't you mean, not 18???

do you think we've had our last win of the season?

No, I don't. I also don't think we get 5 more wins.

A trajectory of 8, 13, 13, 16 would not be impressive. Neither is 8, 13, 13, 18 for that matter...

Lolol, jaybone already thinks he's got 18 wrapped up. We lose vs. ND and then of course against Cuse, fall to 13-8 with a plethora of road games on the horizon, and it's looking dicey, jay.

A trajectory of 8, 13, 13, 16 would not be impressive. Neither is 8, 13, 13, 18 for that matter...

Can we please change that to 8, 13$, 13, 18$

No impressive but not like the others on the list.

It will take as major fuck up not to get to 16. 17 is looking decent. Getting that last one will take a few things breaking our way.

It's not hyperbole and many people believe it.

You have been wearing wrap around rose colored glasses that cover your rose colored contact lens....now this is minor hyperbole.

No, it is and nobody believes it. Notice nobody is rushing in to proclaim their agreement. It is the definition of perverse hyperbole which again would make a good band name.

Can we please change that to 8, 13$, 13, 18$

No impressive but not like the others on the list.

Whatever helps you feel better about claiming Jeff [Redacted] isn't a joke of a head coach for 3 years.

I agree with jaybone in that I see five more wins, possibly more

ND at home
GT at home
Clemson at home
BC at home
at Miami

yes I am aware that I am saying I think we will have a second road win

It's going to come down to the Miami game. It has to. 17 wins and one road game left to make or break the bet. It will be the most excitement this board has had in 4 years.

It's going to come down to the Miami game. It has to. 17 wins and one road game left to make or break the bet. It will be the most excitement this board has had in 4 years.
On the road against a Jimmy Larranaga zone defense. Don't like our chances in that one, although Miami doesn't have much talent.

I don't think he's a great coach. I think he's a good basketball coach though just not a leader of a program. He's be a nice #2.

Bob Wade won 9 games his first year, 18 his second, and was back down to 9 his third year and canned.

Les Robinson, who followed Jimmy V., won 20 games his first year, and then finished with 12, 8, 11, 12, and 15 wins over the next 5 years.

Steve Robinson had a similar trajectory. Had 18 wins his first year and got worse every year after with 13, 12, and then 9 wins

Staak just sucked the whole time winning 8, 14, 10, then 13.

Bzd is going to go 8, 13, 13, 18???

Do you see the difference or do I need to create a pivot table?

1) This is in a timeframe where the ACC is down.
2) He has been helped tremendously with a progressively weaker out of conference schedule.
3) 18? Wait a minute buddy, you're not spending my money yet! ;)

bttt

I track this bet more than I track tourney seeds. Pathetic, I know . . .

Looking at the remain schedule:

Solid Wins: BC, GT
Toss-ups: Clemson, FSU, Miami
Likely Losses: State, MD
Lock Losses: Cuse, Duke twice, Carolina

It looks like it could come down to the last game at Miami.

carolina has lost at home to belmont and miami. they need to play much better than they have to be a lock loss for anybody.

Back