• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Willing to take on a few Hoops Bets @ 17.5

jaybone

Reaction score
I have one $50 bet with PHDeac that we'll have a winning record going into the ACC tourney, but after watching us play scrub opponents, I'm ready to bump up my projections just a tad and take on some bets. Anybody want to take the under on 17.5 wins, I'll take the over.

$25 bets minimum and only consistent posters. I won a bet like this a few years back on the scout board and dude disappeared never paid up.

Hit me.

FWIW, I like the over 17.5 wins too (the schedule gives WF 8 automatic wins). The team has improved, and expectations have been so diminished that a 18-13/19-12 NIT season is somehow perceived as an accomplishment when at almost anytime in the 20 years before Bz, such as season would have been a disappointment. Over the next 5 years, Bz will build WF into a perennial NIT/NCAA bubble middling ACC team (KenPom 45 to 65) and then retire at age 67. That is the ceiling for the program under Bz. Great. :rulz:

No way 3 years from now will Wake be a NIT/Bubble team once the 7 man class graduates. The youth excuses will be recycled and we will go back to full dumpster fire mode with 7 freshmen. By then our reputation will be additionally tarnished which will negatively impact recruiting and we won't be sniffing top 100 guys anymore. The 7 freshman we will be bringing in will not be as good as the ones that we have now. The program will continue to downward cycle as long as [Redacted] remains until we reach Depaul or Rhode Island status.

FWIW, I like the over 17.5 wins too (the schedule gives WF 8 automatic wins). The team has improved, and expectations have been so diminished that a 18-13/19-12 NIT season is somehow perceived as an accomplishment when at almost anytime in the 20 years before Bz, such as season would have been a disappointment. Over the next 5 years, Bz will build WF into a perennial NIT/NCAA bubble middling ACC team (KenPom 45 to 65) and then retire at age 67. That is the ceiling for the program under Bz. Great. :rulz:

Basketball purgatory.

Probably going to regret this as it will ensure an 18 win season, but I'll put $50 on the under.

I think 17.5 and pretty close to what we're going to hit. Projected to go 15-14 on KP and that doesn't include the two games against the loser's bracket in Atlantis.

Let me review the schedule and I will let you know. $100 too much, bone?

Just went over the sched, and I'm in. Gotta have something to root for, right? Go whomever and beat the fighting BuzzWellmans! (I refuse to believe they are Deacons!).

Just let me know...but before our next game, whenever that is against whomever. (thanks, wellman/Buzz).

Last edited:
I thought you just reviewed the schedule, seems you could remember who the next game was

I thought you just reviewed the schedule, seems you could remember who the next game was

no, just went quickly with w/l projections. I know the first 5/6 games are wins because they are RPI ~300 teams. I started counting wins after that. Don't see too many after Jan. Do we play Jacksonville or Presbyterian or Gaullaudet, or Hellen Keller U? I think it is one of those.

Also, funny how UVa hired a real coach and are now ranked in the top 25, whereas we hired a LOSER and are still picked to finish 13th in the ACC. Same year, different outcomes.

Last edited:
Cool. I am in.

So, I have the following bets:

$50 (I think) with PHDeac on I think 15.5 thru the end of the regular season
$100 with Sgt Hulka on 17.5 wins thru (the season or end of regular season?)
$50 with one other regular poster on the the 17.5 who may or may not want to remain anonymous (unless he doesn't pay up!)

Cool. I am in.

So, I have the following bets:

$50 (I think) with PHDeac on I think 15.5 thru the end of the regular season
$100 with Sgt Hulka on 17.5 wins thru (the season or end of regular season?)
$50 with one other regular poster on the the 17.5 who may or may not want to remain anonymous (unless he doesn't pay up!)

Check a few posts up.

Hulka - I still owe you a bet of your choosing (within reason) if you want. That basketball shirt is money.

Bone, End of reg season.

DC, glad you like it. Let me think about it....maybe an ACC wins wager for a hat or something.

Okay, so the bets are:

$50 (I think) with PHDeac on 15.5 thru the end of the regular season
$100 with Sgt Hulka on 17.5 wins thru the end of the regular season
$50 with Redwing42 on 17.5 wins thru the end of the regular season

Bone,

I think that 17 wins is tops for us by the end of the regular season (before ACCT). So, under normal circumstances I might take the bet. Unfortunately there are mitigating factors:

1. I hate to bet money against the Deacs, and that hobby has probably prevented me from retiring at 30.

2. I am in Europe and transfering small sums would be prohibitively expensive and not worthwhile for either of us.

3. So, let me just make a friendly bet: the Deacs win 17 games or less before the ACCT. Are you in?

Need to go 11-15 the rest of the way to beat PH and 13-13 to beat SgtHulka and Redwing

Okay, so the bets are:

$50 (I think) with PHDeac on 15.5 thru the end of the regular season
$100 with Sgt Hulka on 17.5 wins thru the end of the regular season
$50 with Redwing42 on 17.5 wins thru the end of the regular season

Put me in for $100 on the under at 17.5 for the regular season

Too late. Bets were all done before first game

You started this thread on 11/13. Two reg season games had already been played at that point. You should check your first post.

Back