• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Willing to take on a few Hoops Bets @ 17.5

yeah, makes little sense when 5-0 from jaybone's perspective to say too late, plus I have this feeling of dread that Buzz is going to squash the buzzout movement in one decisive blow against Kansas.

I have this feeling of dread that Buzz is going to squash the buzzout movement in one decisive blow against Kansas.

Hahahahahahaha

Sorry. I assume that was a joke. Kansas is going to murder us.

What a joke. Jaybone is a complete puss. Hey let's manipulate other Deacon fans to the best of one's ability. Hey JB, I bet Wake wins less that 27 games this year. You in? This guy is a horrible representative of this board and Wake fans as a whole. All he is doing is trying to capitalize from a monetary standpoint on Wake fans' displeasure and distrust in Wellman and Bz. Pathetic if you ask me.

What a joke. Jaybone is a complete puss. Hey let's manipulate other Deacon fans to the best of one's ability. Hey JB, I bet Wake wins less that 27 games this year. You in? This guy is a horrible representative of this board and Wake fans as a whole. All he is doing is trying to capitalize from a monetary standpoint on Wake fans' displeasure and distrust in Wellman and Bz. Pathetic if you ask me.

Meh. I'm not jaybone's biggest fan, but nobody is forcing the other people to make the bets they have chosen to make.

Okay. I'll take the bet due to peering pressue. I thought I had taken all nets when we were 0-0. But this is the last net. I think well win 18 games so I am not confident I'll win these 3 17.5 wins bet. Pretty confident on the ph bet

You need to seriously go fuck yourself. I don't give a rat's ass what anyone thinks of me on here but when someone sends me a private message to leave the boards my response is to publicly declare go fuck yourself asshole. You want to talk about pussy shit, you're nose deep fuckwad

Hey let's manipulate other Deacon fans to the best of one's ability.

This is laughable. I made a few bets last year along with Jaybone - both betting that Wake would be better than the naysayers on the board predicted. The main reason was because the incessant posts about how we would be worse and wouldn't win 10 games and all the whining was just ridiculous and vitriolic. Offering to take a few outspoken posters up on trivially inexpensive bets that were in favor of Wake is not "manipulative" or driven by monetary gain. The truth is there are some fans who would love to see [Redacted] replaced with a great coach but also believe basketball is primarily decided by the guys on the court - and a lot of folks really like the guys on the court and want to root for them more than we want to cheer for their failure.

You need to seriously go fuck yourself. I don't give a rat's ass what anyone thinks of me on here but when someone sends me a private message to leave the boards my response is to publicly declare go fuck yourself asshole. You want to talk about pussy shit, you're nose deep fuckwad

My preference would be that you leave. Lots of others share that same sentiment as evidenced by the pos rep after my post. Obviously you don't have to and won't. Continue to try to make money off of other Deacon fans on the internet (just typing this makes me laugh at how pathetic it is). Maybe you really need the money though, who knows.

You are an idiot. Jaybone has not "manipulated" me into anything. He has provided me and others with a potential monetary win and reason to watch a wake hoops game. At least he has the cajones to step up to the plate. He is like Arlington of the sports board; almost always wrong in what he thinks:p, but is rarely disagreeable. He's Bzz in but is Bzz in without saying he is a better fan. Viva la difference, but in the end, I want Bzz gone and I think the only way for that to happen is if even the blindest bzz inner can see him for what he is...a program cancer.

So, I choose to root for as many losses as possible and he chooses to hope that the chemo will put bzz in regression for a couple more years....until the program is dead.

Okay, so the bets are:

$50 (I think) with PHDeac on 15.5 thru the end of the regular season
$100 with Sgt Hulka on 17.5 wins thru the end of the regular season
$50 with Redwing42 on 17.5 wins thru the end of the regular season

Put me in for $100 on the under at 17.5 for the regular season

Okay. I'll take the bet due to peering pressue. I thought I had taken all nets when we were 0-0. But this is the last net. I think well win 18 games so I am not confident I'll win these 3 17.5 wins bet. Pretty confident on the ph bet

So these four comprise the complete list of your "victims"? ;)

Wait, you're pissed at someone who is betting publicly on the Deacs to win, don't you have this backwards?

huh?

One of the most interesting classes I had at wake was a biz class in which we analyzed the problem w group think as it related to the Cuban missile crisis. In he analysis there was a huge problem w the fact that the sec of state (defense?) was the presidents brother and the fact that almost all of the players in the room didn't want to piss off one or the other.

It made it clear to me the importance of a variety of opinions. A for what it is worth I have changed my opinion on things based on arguments on here. Some can't or won't and I am certainly stubborn but I have changed my opine on welan and on bzd based on arguments on here (and also results).

Still think its weird you can take shut for betting ON wake not against.

Wake's athletic department = group think

Also, I don't see how people can be mad at jaybone for taking the over on an over/under bet involving Wake athletics.

Back