• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Willing to take on a few Hoops Bets @ 17.5

1. Small sample size
2. Syracuse's athleticism in their zone is going to kill us in my opinion
3. I would be very VERY surprised if we beat both Clemson and FSU at home but they've both laid eggs in the state of NC over the past 49 hours so who knows.

Bingo....

1. Small sample size
3. I would be very VERY surprised if we beat both Clemson and FSU at home but they've both laid eggs in the state of NC over the past 49 hours so who knows.

Do you still subscribe to Ken Pom? Does he give a percentage for us beating Syracuse?

True. Our zone offense has been pretty good all year - and the good news is we haven't really shot our way over them. A lot of decent shooting teams run into Syracuse and aren't used to overloads not getting you open 3's, they take bad 3's and with so few possessions they never make it back. We've run a few overloads with the high post popping out to the 3 point line and Coron/Codi sliding down to the baseline but it hasn't worked out all that well.

When Devin and Moto get in the high post they attack hard and that's worked very well.

I think to beat the Syracuse zone you have to make hard, fast cuts and quick (good) decisions with the ball, stay inside and crash the offensive glass. That's the problem - almost nobody does all those things well for us. Looking at their last few losses - they don't really get beaten by a hot-shooting deep threat. They get beaten when 9 guys score 6-10 points.

Heck, maybe Tree could be useful in this one. We could use some height and court vision. Doubt we'll get enough stops to have a shot though. So much talent across their top 5.

Most teams we've played that play zones don't play them as their primary defense like 'Cuse does. This allows for the driving lanes you describe. You can't dribble inside theirs.

1. Small sample size

I am inclined to agree with number three, but Clemson looked abysmal last night against UNC. No offense at all.

Cav needs 15+ for us to beat cuse. He is the key there.

Duke won't be able to handle devin easily. The last plumper is a stiff and a Jefferson has underwhelmed. Moto should play a lot on Parker.

So Rj mark this down: cav important against cuse. Moto important against duke. Mckie important in both

What's Cav's career high? Is it >15?

He's averaging 9 a game. He's had a lot if double digit games this year

Right but he's only hit 15 once it appears. The point is, if you're saying we "only" need Cav to do something that he's done once in roughly 40 or 50 attempts, it's not really an "only" thing.

He's averaging 9 a game. He's had a lot if double digit games this year

But you aren't being outrageous thinking Cav will set a career high against the #2 in the country. Not to mention that they are quick and long as well as collapse en masse.

I like Cav, but this is not the best match-up for him.

Right but he's only hit 15 once it appears. The point is, if you're saying we "only" need Cav to do something that he's done once in roughly 40 or 50 attempts, it's not really an "only" thing.

where did I say only? I don't even think we're winning this game. I think it'll be competitive, but I said I think Cav is the key and he needs 15+ for us to win. I didn't say I expected him to hit that or that we would win.

RJ always starts his Cav thoughts with I like him - and then trashes the shit out of him. I like George Bush ... I just think he was the worst president in modern history - but I like him.

Marquee with the I'm 17 again post. Brilliant. Spent condoms. Sso creative so much fun. Take your scientology avatar and blow me. Twice. And if you use a dental damn you can try and trade those to a fanbase for me.

where did I say only? I don't even think we're winning this game. I think it'll be competitive, but I said I think Cav is the key and he needs 15+ for us to win. I didn't say I expected him to hit that or that we would win.

RJ always starts his Cav thoughts with I like him - and then trashes the shit out of him. I like George Bush ... I just think he was the worst president in modern history - but I like him.

Marquee with the I'm 17 again post. Brilliant. Spent condoms. Sso creative so much fun. Take your scientology avatar and blow me. Twice. And if you use a dental damn you can try and trade those to a fanbase for me.

Yeah you're right...sorry was conflating your post with somebody else.

I wouldn't be very surprised if we beat FSU and Clemson at home. when you talk about us winning 18 or even 19, FSU and Clemson at home are 2 of the 3 or 4 most likely wins after BC and
GT at home.

We don't need Cav to hit some magic point total. He just has to score efficiently, hit a couple outside shots, and distribute effectively against the zone from the high post.

#17againagain

jaybone trying to call somebody out on using sophomoric humor is very amusing.

th

"I love this thread"

Back