• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

wings recipes

scooter84

Jack Campbell
Reaction score
I need a great recipe for hot wings - preferably baked, not fried.... Someone posted one a while back but now I can't find it...

Boil them in salt water for 8 minutes, dry them, put them in the oven for 30 minutes @ 450 degrees. Flip them and put them back for 5-10 more minutes until crispy. Mix them in a bowl with whatever sauce you want when done. Butter and hot sauce is an easy mix.

Ok, you're gonna need 3 live ducks and a baseball bat. Get back to me when you've got them and we'll get started. If you have kids, call a babysitter.

I need a great recipe for hot wings - preferably baked, not fried.... Someone posted one a while back but now I can't find it...

I do the following and everyone loves them:

(1) baste the wings generously in extra virgin olive oil and then pepper along with a dash of sea salt
(2) place in pre-heated oven for 20 minutes, turning the wings around 12-15 minutes into baking

The olive oil, pepper gives the wings a crispy exterior

(3) Remove wings from oven and then place the wings on either a charcoal or gas grill, turning often
(4) Marinate generously on the grill. Grill until a crispy golden brown texture.

I use Cackalacky sauce on my wings. Love it. However, use whatever sauce concoction you choose.

Serve with celery and blue cheese.

Sauce is easy... Franks plus sriracha plus a shit ton of butter

Easy as shit recipe and damn good.

Oven 400

Wings on a backing pan with a rack

30 min both sides (I know that sounds too long but trust me)

Bottle of franks red hot, stick of unsalted butter, 3 tables spoons vinegar. Simmer while wings cook.

Toss wings in sauce and drain through colander.

Enjoy

I have tried dozens of recipes some were extremely complex. This one is the best. You feel guilty because it is so easy but it really is terrific.

Do you have a charcoal grill? I put a rub on the wings and cook them on indirect heat for an hour or so and then sear them over the coals for a few seconds before taking them off. i don't put any sauce on mine, but usually have some out if folks want it. I like the rub and smoke flavor.

Do you have a charcoal grill? I put a rub on the wings and cook them on indirect heat for an hour or so and then sear them over the coals for a few seconds before taking them off. i don't put any sauce on mine, but usually have some out if folks want it. I like the rub and smoke flavor.

Sounds good. I'd like to try those.

If you are looking for hot wings baked, which is what the OP implies, this is all you need, Alton Brown's recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/buffalo-wings-recipe.html. Only complaint with these is that after you apply the sauce, to keep them a little crispy, you might want to introduce them to the oven again. Essentially, heating up the next day is crispier than the day you make them, so if you want them crispier on day one, just stick them back in the oven for a few minutes after saucing. Closest to Buffalo tasting in the oven that I have had. Make sure you have the bleu cheese and celery as well for the authentic experience.

Easy as shit recipe and damn good.

Oven 400

Wings on a backing pan with a rack

30 min both sides (I know that sounds too long but trust me)

Bottle of franks red hot, stick of unsalted butter, 3 tables spoons vinegar. Simmer while wings cook.

Toss wings in sauce and drain through colander.

Enjoy

I have tried dozens of recipes some were extremely complex. This one is the best. You feel guilty because it is so easy but it really is terrific.

how many wings will this do?

I've got some jalapeño-lime-garlic-onion-cilantro and some buffalo-garlic-onion wings marinating in the fridge. Gonna be good.

Balsamic vinegar and hot sauce wings. They are money.

Depends on how big your pan is. I do about 2 dozen. Main thing is to not crowd them because the will steam and not get crispy.

That is usually the fatal flaw. You have to do them in batches.

About 3 dozen Chicken Charlie wings. Add either the Texas Pete sauce or the Honey sauce or mix together as needed

Buddy is bringing buffalo wings, so I'm doing one batch of Sriracha bbq and one batch of Chipotle lime

Back