• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Winston-Salem State Coaching staff

liveanddiedeac

Reaction score
I'm from the Thomasville area and I was unaware that long-time head coach of Thomasville High School, Allen Brown, is now the tight ends coach at WSSU. I pulled up WSSU's website and was looking over their staff and noticed that in addition to Lobo (thank goodness he's their problem now) our own Thabiti Davis and former UNC RB and NFL RB Natrone Means are also on their staff. Just thought that was interesting.

A WSSU thread that didn't mention Lobo in the OP. Rare.

ETA: that's what I get for scanning. Redacted.

Last edited:
I'm from the Thomasville area and I was unaware that long-time head coach of Thomasville High School, Allen Brown, is now the tight ends coach at WSSU. I pulled up WSSU's website and was looking over their staff and noticed that in addition to Lobo (thank goodness he's their problem now) our own Thabiti Davis and former UNC RB and NFL RB Natrone Means are also on their staff. Just thought that was interesting.

No, I got my dig in.

Thabiti had been working as a trainer for athletes looking to maximize their performance for a college scholarship or for the pros. Hope this works out for him.

Thabiti had been working as a trainer for athletes looking to maximize their performance for a college scholarship or for the pros. Hope this works out for him.

If he does a good job at WSSU and as jobs come open at MSD, who knows maybe he ends up back home one day.

Brown must be pretty old. I thought he retired when he left Thomasville High, and that's been quite a few years now.

First time I met Thabiti and shook his hand i was amazed how freaking huge his hands are. I'm no small guy and his hands swallowed mine. No wonder he could catch everything. A terrific person. Hope it works out well for him

First time I met Thabiti and shook his hand i was amazed how freaking huge his hands are. I'm no small guy and his hands swallowed mine. No wonder he could catch everything. A terrific person. Hope it works out well for him

Great guy. We were fortunate to go to school with him.

Thabiti and Jammie Deese are college coaches now.

Davis played two years in the NFL (2000 and 2001) catching 5 passes for the Giants (he was mostly a special teams guy). Rooting for him and WSSU Rams!

Brown must be pretty old. I thought he retired when he left Thomasville High, and that's been quite a few years now.

He's 68 and he came back to Thomasville as head coach after his son left and just retired from coaching at Thomasville after last season year.

Hitching your wagon to a Lobo led offense is not a great career choice for someone trying to be a WR's coach, honestly.

Hitching your wagon to a Lobo led offense is not a great career choice for someone trying to be a WR's coach, honestly.

Well, at least he might get some experience coaching fullbacks as well, you know sometimes Lobo likes to split those fullbacks out wide.

Back