• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Winston-Salem State Coaching staff

Great guy. We were fortunate to go to school with him.

Thabiti and Jammie Deese are college coaches now.

Remember them both well. Deese was our clutch slot receiver of old in the mold of Campanaro.

Anyone notice WSSU's offensive stats so far?

I don't know what kind of offense they're running or how much is Lobo but the Rams are near the top of the CIAA in offense. And so much for the TE magic: their starting TE has only 2 catches and 29 yards.

Maybe Lobo finally found the level of football he can accomplish something. Yeah, I know #letitgo #getoverit

Anyone notice WSSU's offensive stats so far?

I don't know what kind of offense they're running or how much is Lobo but the Rams are near the top of the CIAA in offense. And so much for the TE magic: their starting TE has only 2 catches and 29 yards.

Maybe Lobo finally found the level of football he can accomplish something. Yeah, I know #letitgo #getoverit

It's helps having very good talent relative to the level of football you're playing at. WSSU is still reaping the benefits of better recruiting when they were moving to FCS, only to decide to stay at D-II. Lobo may be a decent OC when he has really good talent to work with, not so much when he needs to get a lot out of average talent.

Top talent relative to your competition can make most OCs look very good. Basically what Liveanddie said.

Similarly, poor talent can make any OC look very bad (as we have seen this season). At this point, it does not matter, but IMO, the primary problem with the offense today, and in recent years under Grobe is that, with a few exceptions like Camp and Givens, WF has recruited reasonably well on defense and horribly on offense -- particularly on the offensive line. Gus Malzhan, Chip Kelly and Bill Walsh could be co-offensive coordinators, and if the OL can't run or pass block effectively the offense is going to struggle.

I'm not buying it. WSSU's success right now has more to do with system/players and head coach. His playcalling could make Peyton Manning and Barry Sanders look like slothful busts. Let's see where their offense is after 2-3 more years of Lobo.

Back