• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wolford Named Starting QB Vs. ULM

I'm going to take this as good news that Wolford is just THAT good

I'm looking forward to seeing him play. New QB brings hope, even if a bit unrealistic. Yet new OC and new QB---who knows!

I thought he looked pretty good yesterday. Great pocket presence.

Coach Dave Clawson revealed the decision after Monday’s practice. Wolford will be the first freshman quarterback to start his first game at Wake Forest since Mike McGlamry in 1974.

Jeez, I was at that one. Hope the results of this one are better.

Good news. Now the staff and his teammates can plan around what he can do at QB.

Last time a short guy from Jax played QB as a freshman we had a pretty decent season...

Cool story not many know...

When Wolford re-commited, he was told that the plan was to take another QB... just given the entire situation.

How did he respond? "No problem coach, I'll just beat him out too."

This kid has it.

Looking forward to Johnny Wolford leading the Old Gold & Black!

Go Deacs!

Coach Dave Clawson revealed the decision after Monday’s practice. Wolford will be the first freshman quarterback to start his first game at Wake Forest since Mike McGlamry in 1974.

Jeez, I was at that one. Hope the results of this one are better.

Who was the starter in 2010 before Tanner Price took over?

Cool story not many know...

When Wolford re-commited, he was told that the plan was to take another QB... just given the entire situation.

How did he respond? "No problem coach, I'll just beat him out too."

This kid has it.

Looking forward to Johnny Wolford leading the Old Gold & Black!

Go Deacs!

What a stud.

Welp. guess it becomes interesting to recruit QBs for the foreseeable future if your starter is a freshman and ends up being pretty good.

24266571.jpg

Nice to see Coach Clawson make the decision this early to give him the best chance of being ready at ULM

Welp. guess it becomes interesting to recruit QBs for the foreseeable future if your starter is a freshman and ends up being pretty good.

That's a nice problem to have and many schools deal with it well.

Hinton looks like the truth as well. It would be great if Wolford is good enough to allow Hinton to redshirt. That would give us a true junior and redshirt freshman competing.

Back