• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wolford Named Starting QB Vs. ULM

x2bDQf0.png

Fantastic stuff from TopHat. Can We we make it go from Leonardo DiCaprio to John Wolford and also change it to A Dave Clawson picture?

Need Scheier in there somewhere to make it complete.

Probably the least surprising announcement of the preseason. The tallest midget tag is right though (for the time being, Wolford may prove to be very good).

@Riley_Skinner: Not if he got skills like J. Wolford “@JeffFischel: Wake starting a FR QB from Jax, FL isn't the worst idea, right @Riley_Skinner?” @WakeFB

Probably the least surprising announcement of the preseason. The tallest midget tag is right though (for the time being, Wolford may prove to be very good).

Tallest Midget is spot-on. I watched most of the scrimmage yesterday and was happy to see Wolford had nice size and speed but hitting only half of your passes when there is absolutely no chance you get hit is scary. There were a couple of drops and plays called back but those are the same receivers and line he has to deal with at when Vic Beasley or Mario Edwards are coming. I think he has a good future but I hope this year doesn't mess him up physically or emotionally.

I thought he looked pretty good yesterday. Great pocket presence.

To paraphrase the old Economics adage that preceded every theory (let us assume a world without taxes, which invalidate the theory if you think about it...)

Let us assume blocking ...

"We will try and redshirt players but if a freshman gives us the best chance to win, we're going to play him. It's not fair to the juniors and the seniors in the program to make a decision based on what's best five years from now. He gives us the best chance to win so we will now prepare him as our starting quarterback. " -- Dave Clawson.

God, how refreshing!!!

It would be nice to see Clawson give a hat tip to those that came before him in his first series.

I think he should run two worthless plays for negative yardage as an homage to Lobo and then a draw on third and long out of respect for Caldwell.

That way he can let all our fans understand he knows where we came from.

It would be nice to see Clawson give a hat tip to those that came before him in his first series.

I think he should run two worthless plays for negative yardage as an homage to Lobo and then a draw on third and long out of respect for Caldwell.

That way he can let all our fans understand he knows where we came from.

Can we get a punt inside the opponent's 40? Or, better yet, how about with a lead and just seconds left in the game, WE call timeouts for the opponent who has NO timeouts remaining.

Brilliance.

Can we get a punt inside the opponent's 40? Or, better yet, how about with a lead and just seconds left in the game, WE call timeouts for the opponent who has NO timeouts remaining.

Brilliance.

Ron Rivera says hi

I'm just happy this appeared to be an easy decision. Hopefully Wolford is the real deal. I was worried that we would be 1 week before ULM and still deciding b/t 3 QB's b/c none stood out.

Welp. guess it becomes interesting to recruit QBs for the foreseeable future if your starter is a freshman and ends up being pretty good.

Yeah, but at least it shows you that the coaching staff wants to put the best 22 out there every week. That should be welcomed by some recruits.

Back