• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Women's World Cup Thread: USA WORLD CHAMPIONS OF THE WOMEN !

I don't know, but I think the broadcast needed more superfluous shots of Alex Morgan.

Agreed with the earlier comments on Ellis, she got it right last night.

was that the turf again? I feel like on grass she would have slid and gotten the ball over. instead, she dug in and stopped short and didn't get enough on the ball.

either way, gutting.

At least she's not from Colombia in the 1990s. But yeah, horrible for her.

Assuming we stick with the line-up we had last game, we gotta handle Japan, right?

So what time is kickoff on Sunday? I've seen both 6 and 7.

I bet Lloyd gets it as long as we win because voters are lazy and will see that she scored three (or potentially more) times for the champions.

I'd lean Johnston if we win, but then again, she had the horrible touch in the box that led to her taking Sasic down, and it could have been a red instead of a yellow. Agree Sauerbrunn has been solid defensively but hasn't been the occasional offensive presence Johnston has been. Don't know how you can give it to Lloyd when she seemed out of position the 1st 4 games and has just come on the last 2 games. Sasic was the overwhelming favorite before 2 days ago, and she could still get it if she scores a couple in the consolation game, but our D completely took her out of the game outside of Johnston's bad touch, and she missed her PK. Too bad France didn't get farther because I liked Henry and le Sommer. I don't see a good pick this year.

And FWIW, we wouldn't even be talking about the amazing rise of Johnston had Rampone not gotten injured. Whatever happens Sunday, I still think Ellis needs to be sacked for completely bowing to the vets until it became blatantly evident to all that that was what she was doing to the detriment of our team. It shouldn't have taken 5-6 game into the WWC for her to finally have stumbled on the right line-up.

At least she's not from Colombia in the 1990s. But yeah, horrible for her.

Assuming we stick with the line-up we had last game, we gotta handle Japan, right?

Or play for the Mens England team. If she was on the guys team and that happened she couldn't return to her country.

I bet Lloyd gets it as long as we win because voters are lazy and will see that she scored three (or potentially more) times for the champions.

Or because she has arguably been our best player in the knockout stages...

Back