• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wooding and Allen's elibility?

Will the NCAA make a decision on Wooding soon? Would suck if they didn't make a decision until after the season started.

Read the journal article. Zingy likely suspended for football but will avoid felony. Good news for him. Hope he can come back next year

Not avoiding blaming Ziggy at all, but don't cops share some blame here for giving him a license where his location was clearly illegal to have a gun? It's not like he lied about his address and took gun onto campus. He probably didn't know. But the location on the permit is an on campus location where it is illegal so he shouldn't have been issued a permit in the first place.

Not avoiding blaming Ziggy at all, but don't cops share some blame here for giving him a license where his location was clearly illegal to have a gun? It's not like he lied about his address and took gun onto campus. He probably didn't know. But the location on the permit is an on campus location where it is illegal so he shouldn't have been issued a permit in the first place.

The article says that he was applying for a concealed carry permit, not a gun license, so no I don't think they were obliged to tell him he couldn't have the gun on campus. Where he kept the gun had nothing to do with the concealed carry permit.

It says that the campus cops were the first to find out about the gun, and then they called the city cops. Maybe the campus cops should have tried to handle the matter internally first. Or maybe the school has a strict policy about what the campus cops must do in this situation, and they were just following the school's policy. I imagine that the university's attorneys have laid down the law, so to speak, about how to handle situations like this.

http://www.journalnow.com/news/colu...cle_17303cc0-0d24-11e3-a4d4-0019bb30f31a.html

Last edited:
Looks like Allen is out for four games even if reinstated by the NCAA.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wfu/football/article_7d6bc30c-0f76-11e3-9354-001a4bcf6878.html

Grobe said that he has yet to hear from the NCAA on the waivers that safety Anthony Wooding and outside linebacker Zachary “Ziggy” Allen need to play this season. He said that Allen, who pleaded guilty last week to having a firearm on campus, is serving a four-game suspension imposed by Wake Forest.

Looks like Allen is out for four games even if reinstated by the NCAA.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wfu/football/article_7d6bc30c-0f76-11e3-9354-001a4bcf6878.html

Grobe said that he has yet to hear from the NCAA on the waivers that safety Anthony Wooding and outside linebacker Zachary “Ziggy” Allen need to play this season. He said that Allen, who pleaded guilty last week to having a firearm on campus, is serving a four-game suspension imposed by Wake Forest.

Maybe they can both be on the field for the more difficult part of the schedule.

I get the four game suspension from Wake, but what beef does the NCAA have with Allen? I haven't been able to figure that out any where. Grades?

So is anybody asking why a football player felt the need to have a gun on campus? How common are guns on campus?

^ according to article sounded like someone pulled a gun on him back in Pahokee and he wanted it to feel safe?

Read the article people, it's better than speculating when you can have facts.

^ according to article sounded like someone pulled a gun on him back in Pahokee and he wanted it to feel safe?

I read that too Henry, and I am a little skeptical. If the problem was in Pahokee, then why not keep the gun at home in Pahokee? Or better yet, don't go where people pull guns on you and dispense with carrying a gun altogether. This latter solution saves money, trouble, and potentially terrible consequences. Christ, kids do dumb things.

You can legally own a gun and not have it on campus, even if that is your primary address.

If campus is like Pahokee now, things have gone downhill.

I read that too Henry, and I am a little skeptical. If the problem was in Pahokee, then why not keep the gun at home in Pahokee? Or better yet, don't go where people pull guns on you and dispense with carrying a gun altogether. This latter solution saves money, trouble, and potentially terrible consequences. Christ, kids do dumb things.

If you say any of that on the Scout board, Mocksville, tjcmd, RoRo and others will start screaming at you about the 2nd amendment and demanding that there should be some right of privacy if you have an illegal gun in your car. Guns make them feel all manly inside. It's bizzaro world over there.

Mocks doesn't understand the "there","their","they're" rules yet. How do you expect him to understand the 2nd amendment etc

I think Wooding is a Junior. Will he/can he redshirt if it takes a while for the NCAA to make a decision? I think he was a starter for Air Force so he could step into A.J.'s role as a junior for next year if he can redshirt.

Back