• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

World Cup Group A Discussion (BRA, CAM, CRO, MEX)

Evidently some reporters hid in the bushes at the Croatia team hotel and then took and published photos of members of the team skinny dipping in the hotel pool. The team is now refusing to speak to anyone in the media.

Only at the World Cup.

Eto'o will miss the Croatia game with a knee injury

Evidently some reporters hid in the bushes at the Croatia team hotel and then took and published photos of members of the team skinny dipping in the hotel pool. The team is now refusing to speak to anyone in the media.

Only at the World Cup.

If skinny dipping with a bunch of bro teammates makes you cool; then consider me Miles Davis.

Eto'o will miss the Croatia game with a knee injury

72 year old knees ain't no joke

If skinny dipping with a bunch of bro teammates makes you cool; then consider me Miles Davis.

Eh, it's Croatia - a country where everyone spends most of their life on the beach and clothing is "optional". Getting naked and going swimming is kind of what they do. If you grew up around here, would you be keeping your clothing on all the time?

croatia-beaches-porec-27.jpg

dislike Brazil and Mexico but guess will watch some of the action.

see if a diving competition breaks out.

I like the 1 name guys well enough, though not as much as some other South American teams, but I've really not liked this Mexican team throughout qualification. I want to see Brazil pound Mexico like ze Germans pounded Portugal. And I'd like to see someone other than Oscar or Neymar do something for Brazil. Good move taking Hulk out.

I like the 1 name guys well enough, though not as much as some other South American teams, but I've really not liked this Mexican team throughout qualification. I want to see Brazil pound Mexico like ze Germans pounded Portugal. And I'd like to see someone other than Oscar or Neymar do something for Brazil. Good move taking Hulk out.

Isn't it due to injury though? It doesn't look like it's a willful replacement of Hulk - which suggests they'll put him right back in the starting XI once he's fit

Couldn't you just start Willian? Hulk is terrible - and I have no idea why he's started as long as he has.

Agreed with all of this.

The sad thing is Hulk was only benched because he got injured, nothing form related; which is madness.

"If it ain't broke don't fix it" is the appropriate saying for Hulk's continued inclusion in the Brazil squad. They've won 16 of their last 17 games using primarily the same lineup including all 5 Confederations Cup games and most of them in dominate fashion against some quality opposition. You'd probably stick with the same lineup too if you had those results.

neymar is MY BOY and all, but his hair is just dreadful. he looks like the offspring of a skunk and prince.

"If it ain't broke don't fix it" is the appropriate saying for Hulk's continued inclusion in the Brazil squad. They've won 16 of their last 17 games using primarily the same lineup including all 5 Confederations Cup games and most of them in dominate fashion against some quality opposition. You'd probably stick with the same lineup too if you had those results.

Except Brazil looked really bad against Croatia - and what was particularly troubling was Brazil struggled to keep possession and to create out of the midfield (at least IMO).

Hulk is obviously a specimen, and he has a high work rate, but oddly enough - this Brazil team lacks some creativity outside of Neymar and Oscar. I think adding another offensive talent to the equation, while asking Marcelo and Dani Alves to perhaps pick their spots more selectively, would be ideal. If you're going to play Paulinho and Luis Gustavo together, which I don't disagree with, you need more up top, especially if Fred is at risk to be a non-factor for lack of service.

We need Brazil to win by multiple goals, so that a MEX-CRO tie knocks those bastards out.

Except Brazil looked really bad against Croatia - and what was particularly troubling was Brazil struggled to keep possession and to create out of the midfield (at least IMO).

Hulk is obviously a specimen, and he has a high work rate, but oddly enough - this Brazil team lacks some creativity outside of Neymar and Oscar. I think adding another offensive talent to the equation, while asking Marcelo and Dani Alves to perhaps pick their spots more selectively, would be ideal. If you're going to play Paulinho and Luis Gustavo together, which I don't disagree with, you need more up top, especially if Fred is at risk to be a non-factor for lack of service.

Who is this guy/gal? I like the way he/she sees football.

Back