• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

World Cup Group D Discussion (CRC, ENG, ITA, URU)

Interested in Italy England today from a conditioning perspective in advance of our match there in the Amazon.

Rumor is Hodgson is starting Welbeck instead of Sterling today. Welbeck is a fine player, but Sterling has been in such excellent form. Tough to justify leaving him out.

Rumor is Hodgson is starting Welbeck instead of Sterling today. Welbeck is a fine player, but Sterling has been in such excellent form. Tough to justify leaving him out.

Welbeck has scored the 2nd most goals for England during Woy's reign (behind Rooney), so he is probably going with the guy that he knows can do the business with the three lions on his shirt.

welbeck always seems to score for england though

beat by dv7. have to believe the red card sterling got in the friendly isnt helping his cause either

And bringing on Sterling with his electric pace if England are trailing and him running at the slow-ish Italian CBs has to be tempting. Not that Welbeck is slow, but Sterling is just quicker from the get go, IMO.

Sounds like Italy is going to go with a double trequarista formation with both Pirlo and Veratti together. Just going to try and make England run all over chasing the ball.

Should be a great tactical matchup of contrasting styles.

In general I have a hard time turning off hatred for a team (which is why I can never root for the ACC OOC or UNC /Duke in the NCAAT. So I can't pull for the Ticos tonight. Go Goliath.

This guy predicts an Italy win #ForzaItalia

BqGuH6CCEAEbFVI.jpg

Watching the match with my Tico brother in law. He predicts Costa Rica 1 Uruguay 0 and seems to truly believe Costa Rica can win it all.

CONCACAF teams doing well is important for maintaining or increasing WC spots and the confederations FIFA rankings coefficient which gives the USA a better chance at getting a seed in the next WC. It's a pragmatic rooting interest.

Still want Mexico to fail though

Buffon is out of tonight's game: ankle injury in practice on Friday.

Blaming the pitch in Manaus. We definitely don't want Ronaldo getting hurt on it so Portugal clearly need to sit him for that game.

I'll move to Uruguay if one of them celebrate a goal by rubbing their nipples

Back