• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

World Cup Group D Discussion (CRC, ENG, ITA, URU)

I don't know why everyone always makes such a big fuss about these incidents. When you grow up on the mean streets of Montevideo, you never know when your next meal will be so you have to grab a bite whenever the opportunity presents itself.

I am just astonished that a person could actually bite a fellow player on the pitch, much less do it three separate times! He is a disgrace to the sport, I don't care how ridiculously talented he happens to be as a player.

it's defiinitely a bitch move. former players in the announcing booth were shaking their heads about it too.

he needs to be made an example of what isn't allowed.

Let's say FIFA only decides to suspend from the WC/International competition. Could the FA also ban him from Premier League games for this?

They could, but I can't imagine that banning would hold up on appeal. You can't really suspend somebody for actions they took away from your jurisdiction (for lack of a better word).

Does England save face by salvaging a point in the group stage, or is it equally as bad as losing all three games outright as far as the press will be concerned?

Off to RAWK for totally rational reaction to this incident!

Before this I was 100% certain he was leaving this summer. Now I'm not. So I am quite happy about it.

30 league goals, he can bite who he wants, as long as it doesn't affect us.

I couldn't give less of a fuck if he bit his entire arm off..

Hopefully it's put all other clubs off buying him and he stays here

Does England save face by salvaging a point in the group stage, or is it equally as bad as losing all three games outright as far as the press will be concerned?

Luis Suarez saved England from the press.

RAWK is basically PackPride for Liverpool fans, so probably not an accurate representation of the sentiment of the fanbase.

And how do you feel about the incident and Luis Suarez in general?

They could, but I can't imagine that banning would hold up on appeal. You can't really suspend somebody for actions they took away from your jurisdiction (for lack of a better word).

Apples to Oranges obviously, but the NFL spins their "personal conduct" policies to where they can suspend players for anything they do that damages the perception of the league and/or their organization. Not beyond the realm to think that some combination of Liverpool/theFA/UEFA would want to send a message as well.

Bq6jReUCEAArPpu.jpg

Well, Luis has now bitten opposing players in the Eredivisie, Premier League, and World Cup. That's like the career Grand Slam. May as well retire; he's got nothing left to prove.

Apples to Oranges obviously, but the NFL spins their "personal conduct" policies to where they can suspend players for anything they do that damages the perception of the league and/or their organization. Not beyond the realm to think that some combination of Liverpool/theFA/UEFA would want to send a message as well.

The idea that Liverpool Football Club would actually make a stand and punish Luis Suarez for anything is completely ADORABLE!

This is the club that fabricated stories about Patrice Evra after Luis Suarez racially abused him.

Back