• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

World Cup Group H Discussion (ALG, BEL, KOR, RUS)

so as a usa fan, are we cheering for a russia 2-0 win? then russia can draw belgium and go in to the final day with a 1 gd lead?

The GK play in this tournament (admittedly, I didn't see Ochoa's fantastic work today) has been horrific. Thank you, God, for Timmy

Akinfeev and his stone clubs for hands. Bet he feels like an asshole.

The gloves seem to finally be off with Akinfeev - the Russian press is brutalizing him already and calling for him to be benched. It doesn't help his cause that half-Russian / half-Greek Yuri Lodigin is in the squad and had a tremendous season for Zenit. I think it's pretty likely that Lodigin starts the next match, and Capello might be done with Akinfeev for the rest of his time as Russian manager if that's the case. Lodigin is only 24 and clearly the future for Russia in net.

The gloves seem to finally be off with Akinfeev - the Russian press is brutalizing him already and calling for him to be benched. It doesn't help his cause that half-Russian / half-Greek Yuri Lodigin is in the squad and had a tremendous season for Zenit. I think it's pretty likely that Lodigin starts the next match, and Capello might be done with Akinfeev for the rest of his time as Russian manager if that's the case. Lodigin is only 24 and clearly the future for Russia in net.

So Enyeama it is.

Back