• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

World Cup Knockout Rounds Thread (USMNT THREAD!) (nwt)

Just a tactical shift. Dos Santos is a pretty attacking player and now that Mexico has their lead they want to defend it. And Dos Santos has never defended one bit in his life.

You could argue it was done too early though.

I agree with y'all that Ochoa is doing one of those rare heroic sports things where you're just way better than yourself for a period of time. You see it in March in college basketball or October in baseball etc.

Just a tactical shift. Dos Santos is a pretty attacking player and now that Mexico has their lead they want to defend it. And Dos Santos has never defended one bit in his life.

You could argue it was done too early though.

Which makes the Chicharito sub a little strange. Very much an attack minded sub.

Wow RvP out too.

Did you just see Robben shoot with his right foot? I've officially seen everything now.

I agree with y'all that Ochoa is doing one of those rare heroic sports things where you're just way better than yourself for a period of time. You see it in March in college basketball or October in baseball etc.

Being Wake Forest fans, it's not something we are very familiar with. Now if it was the reverse.........

Which makes the Chicharito sub a little strange. Very much an attack minded sub.

Wow RvP out too.

Chicharito came on for Peralta, so just a like for like sub taking out one striker for a fresher one.

Let's hope that van gaal/RvP riff is just beginning!

Chicharito came on for Peralta, so just a like for like sub taking out one striker for a fresher one.

Like for like, yes but attack minded in the sense of not sitting back or bringing on fresh legs in a more holding/defensive position.

Yep. Or a hot goaltender in the NHL playoffs. Everything he's doing is perfect, even if by total accident. He saved that set piece with his forehead for example, he never even saw that ball. When you're hot, you're hot and he's RED FUCKING HOT.

Back