• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Worst call ever????

I still maintain the worst call ever (but obviously, I'm biased) was the phantom PI call against Marcus McGruder on 4th and goal with like 20 seconds to go against Clemson in 2004 (i think)

I still maintain the worst call ever (but obviously, I'm biased) was the phantom PI call against Marcus McGruder on 4th and goal with like 20 seconds to go against Clemson in 2004 (i think)

Oh man that one hurt. I witnessed it live. So shitty.

This was a funny one from last season.

The ref initially spots the ball...then slides his foot forward, looks behind to check where the first down marker is, then advances the ball enough to make sure they got a first down. The SEC has to protect their horses in the BCSNCG hunt...there is a streak to preserve!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5X1cElgBo4

That's a good question, I see no reason why a safety call would fall under the "judgement call" thing where certain things aren't reviewable. Can you imagine if that had been a 1 point loss for Ohio?????

It is reviewable. FSU had it reviewed last year... (JUMP TO 8:07)

This was a funny one from last season.

The ref initially spots the ball...then slides his foot forward, looks behind to check where the first down marker is, then advances the ball enough to make sure they got a first down. The SEC has to protect their horses in the BCSNCG hunt...there is a streak to preserve!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5X1cElgBo4

Ha, this happened in a Wake game too...

Last edited:
Truly a terrible call. I would have at least thought the replay official could have over turned that. Kind of reminds me of the referee in the white hat that marked the first down for Michigan in the bowl game last year against South Carolina. Obviously 4 inches short. Of course if he hadn't done that, Clowney would not have been pissed off & we would not have gotten The Hit.

i had effectively blocked that out of my memory. thanks..

Back