• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Worst Case Scenario... Ron's Next Coach and Why

DirkTheDeac

Lord of the Board
Reaction score
Crawl inside Ron's head and deliver our next nightmare...

He's not going to promote Larue. Of the possibilities we've discussed, Mooney.

Ron fell in love with bz's AF win over wake and got him on the short list (and probably the job). He might have finally realized that win should have been credited to mooney. I just scared myself.

Ron fell in love with bz's AF win over wake and got him on the short list (and probably the job). He might have finally realized that win should have been credited to mooney. I just scared myself.

Exactly. I think Mooney would be a real possibility with Ron. If he hires Mooney, get used to a bunch of 18-14 seasons with a few NITs.

Exactly. I think Mooney would be a real possibility with Ron. If he hires Mooney, get used to a bunch of 18-14 seasons with a few NITs.

If Ron's original goal was mediocrity, Mooney would probably get us there. Probably...

He's not going to promote Larue. Of the possibilities we've discussed, Mooney.

I agree that Larue would be the worst decision I could think of. However, I think the nightmare would be someone that has not been discussed. Mooney would be a big disappointment, but still better than where we are at now.

Kevin O'Neill.
1. Worked at Northwestern
2. Shitty record
3. NBA experience
4. Goofy looking
5. Altercation with fan controversy

It's Bz round 2.

We have been to the depths of Hell with Bz...How could it get any worse??? With Wellman in charge, expect the unexpected!

Bobby is my cousin through marriage...Can tell you it ain't gonna happen...B.L. too smart to ally with the Wellman Mafia!

Cousin or not, Wellman or not, I have a hard time believing Lutz, if offered, would turn down $1.4+ million for 4-5 years and a chance to coach in the ACC.

Cousin or not, Wellman or not, I have a hard time believing Lutz, if offered, would turn down $1.4+ million for 4-5 years and a chance to coach in the ACC.

In past conversations with him last Summer doubt it will happen...but been around long enough to agree that $$$ talks and Bobby because of family issues does want to stay close to the Denver, Sherrills Ford area NC...

Last edited:
Back