• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Worst type of fry

Worst fry

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sweet potato fries are often hit or miss as they do need a good amount of salt and tend to be soggy/soft when not done well. They are however pretty fantastic with curry ketchup, and I'm not typically a ketchup fan.

And if you really want to feel fat, here's a quiz of fast food fries. I note that this could also go under the Florida thread.
Quiz

forum

I see what you really did there.

I absolutely love fried fresh green beans. But I guess that falls more in the category of tempura than fries.

There is not a bad fry if properly prepared. My all-time favorite may be "hot mamas" at a little wings place in Macon, GA 20+ years ago (I forget the name of the restaurant): crinkles soaking in hot wing sauce and topped with blue cheese dressing.

Who the hell are these eight people that don't like curly fries?

i like curly fries more than "normal" fries

What's up with those regular-style curly fries? Get off the fence.

Soggy steak fries/potato wedges are the worst and they seem to be the easiest for cooks to mess up. If I wanted a baked potato I would have ordered one.

Soggy steak fries/potato wedges are the worst and they seem to be the easiest for cooks to mess up. If I wanted a baked potato I would have ordered one.

yeah, this is what i don't like about them. they end up being like mini baked potatoes, but it's socially unacceptable to butter them, so they end up being gross dry vehicles for ketchup.

Thin fries are the best. My fav fries in ATL are probably Houston's thin fries that come with their burger. So thin you can eat a clump of them with a fork, but not so thin that they are all crisp and no potato. If they paired these with a rare hangar steak they would have the best steak frites in town.

Dont like Sweet Potato Fries. Too Sweet even if done properly. Most curly fries are shit, but I have had good ones before. Hard to get them crispy enough.

Back