• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Would you rather win the ACC in basketball this year or have Buzz gone next year?

socaldeac

Reaction score
Curious if this board would prefer to Win the ACC or have Buzz gone?

I think I know the answer.

You can't have both just one or the other.

If we win the ACC I want the coach that gets us there but this is a false hypothetical.

Is a poll coming?

Given the only way this happens is if every home opponent gets taken down by Ovation and food poisoning, I'll take no [Redacted].

These two are mutually exclusive. False premise. Let's try something logical.

Ovations has to get better. If it remained inedible at some point the health inspector would step in wouldn't they?

Lose every fucking game by as many points possible. I want total humiliation for Wellman and [Redacted]. Scorched earth is the only way to go. What's another year? It's a lot better than waiting another 3 or 4.

Win the ACC. If Bz did that he would deserve an extension and I would gladly eat crow. You don't accidentally win the ACC. Yo have to know what you are doing. I am completely fine with this paradigm. Win the ACC or Bz gets fired. I wonder if Wellman will sign on.

Win the ACC. If Bz did that he would deserve an extension and I would gladly eat crow. You don't accidentally win the ACC. Yo have to know what you are doing. I am completely fine with this paradigm. Win the ACC or Bz gets fired. I wonder if Wellman will sign on.

i'm with Wrangor on this one. This should be the test, win the ACC or lose your job, and take Ronnie with you. If you win the ACC glad to give him an extension as obviously he really is a Coach K level evil genius working out a 4 year plan for domination and we were all just pawns in his game.

i'm with Wrangor on this one. This should be the test, win the ACC or lose your job, and take Ronnie with you. If you win the ACC glad to give him an extension as obviously he really is a Coach K level evil genius working out a 4 year plan for domination and we were all just pawns in his game.

pourdeac's "grand experiment".

Heck I would donate to a billboard that apologized to Bz if we won the ACC this year. As many times as I buy a lottery ticket I never win though. Maybe this is the year for both complete statistical impossibilities to occur.

We will be marginally better but not much. Nothing can be worse than our first year.

Our offense should be significantly better this year. The real question is how well we will defend.

Explain your rationale. Unless I am taking crazy pills, we just lost the best shooter/scorer on our team to graduation. Unless someone steps up and really shows they can shoot the rock, we are going to face clogged lanes and double teams down low, which will negate our only possible offensive weapons. CJ shot 43% from three last year. He's gone. The only other player that shot better than 33% was Chase Fischer, who shot 42%. He is also gone. Our best returning outside shooter is Rountree who shot 33% from 3 (4-12) and Travis who shot 32% (32-100).

Coron is going to be important this year. He can really shoot it and has proven that during his career. Now it may be a little bit harder to get a shot off in the ACC, but he will definitely stretch the floor.

I'd rather win the ACC and be proven completely wrong.

But that shit isn't going to happen.

Explain your rationale. Unless I am taking crazy pills, we just lost the best shooter/scorer on our team to graduation. Unless someone steps up and really shows they can shoot the rock, we are going to face clogged lanes and double teams down low, which will negate our only possible offensive weapons. CJ shot 43% from three last year. He's gone. The only other player that shot better than 33% was Chase Fischer, who shot 42%. He is also gone. Our best returning outside shooter is Rountree who shot 33% from 3 (4-12) and Travis who shot 32% (32-100).

Coron can really stroke it, so I think he'll step in for CJ fairly well. Every study indicates the biggest jump occurs between freshman and sophomore years, and I expect CMM and Moto to take huge steps forward this season offensively. Devin Thomas should remain solid and will only get better offensively as was made evident by his improved free throw shooting as the season went along. Cavanaugh was a very poor offensive player last season (offensive rating was 83), but if he just can knock down a few more 3's, then his rating will go up. Travis McKie will be very solid again, and I think he's underrated just because he's so consistent.

Back