• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Would you rather win the ACC in basketball this year or have Buzz gone next year?

Coron can really stroke it, so I think he'll step in for CJ fairly well. Every study indicates the biggest jump occurs between freshman and sophomore years, and I expect CMM and Moto to take huge steps forward this season offensively. Devin Thomas should remain solid and will only get better offensively as was made evident by his improved free throw shooting as the season went along. Cavanaugh was a very poor offensive player last season (offensive rating was 83), but if he just can knock down a few more 3's, then his rating will go up. Travis McKie will be very solid again, and I think he's underrated just because he's so consistent.

Huh? CJ did a lot more than shoot threes.

I do think we will be better on offense though, but that's mostly counting on improvement via experience. We are less talented on offense because we don't have CJ.

The only way this happens is if our team bus breaks down on the way to the ACCT and al Shabaaab takes all the other teams hostage.

I do think we will be better on offense though, but that's mostly counting on improvement via experience. We are less talented on offense because we don't have CJ.

Oh it'll definitely be an improvement by committee sort of thing. I by no means expect Coron Williams to perform as well as CJ Harris did last season, but I do expect him to be able to create his own shot both from inside and beyond the arc. I also expect CMM to get to the rim on a more consistent basis and that Devin Thomas will become more polished offensively. Also, look for Moto to improve offensively. You add that up, and I think we're a better offensive unit than last year.

Yeah the most important thing we need is for CMM to make a jump and be much more aggressive this season. We need the CMM that played UConn last season to show up much more consistently.

I think the real question is, how long an extension would he have to receive to make winning the ACC not worth it? Granted, he's in his 60's already, but what if he won the ACC and was then given a Grobe-like 10 years (at his current salary)?

I have no idea what Coron is going to do once the season starts, but does anyone else feel slightly depressed that our perimeter offense is hinging on a 5th year transfer from a low major?

I have no idea what Coron is going to do once the season starts, but does anyone else feel slightly depressed that our perimeter offense is hinging on a 5th year transfer from a low major?

I wouldn't say depressed. I'm more in the curious camp. But my gut tells me we have another Steve Lepore here.

I wouldn't say depressed. I'm more in the curious camp. But my gut tells me we have another Steve Lepore here.

Not depressed about coron personally. Depresses that we are forced to rely on such am unknown variable. He might be great but no one has any idea.

24.7 minutes per game (started 34 of 35 games)

9.1 points per game, 2.2 rebounds, 1.2 assists
44.3% 2FG
41.6% 3FG
75.8% FT

24 years old in November.

Agreed.

CJ was more productive *per game* in the ACC than Coron was *per 40 minutes pace adjusted* in the NEC. That tells me about as much as I need to know about the "Coron will step in for CJ fairly well" noise.

I think you missed his next few posts on the subject. No one thinks Coron is going to replace CJ, but he'll help.

The real failure is our awful 2G recruiting in the Bz era. Coron is much better than any of the other 2Gs Bz has reeled in.

I think the real question is, how long an extension would he have to receive to make winning the ACC not worth it? Granted, he's in his 60's already, but what if he won the ACC and was then given a Grobe-like 10 years (at his current salary)?

I was struggling with this question until your post. Winning the ACC is not worth the chance that we get stuck with the Bzzaster for even one additional minute.

I'd rather win the ACC and be proven completely wrong.

But that shit isn't going to happen.

This I'd be the happiest person in the world to eat crow. But I'd have to suspend all sense of logic to believe he is possible of such and I'm too old for that shite. like most, I am not personally invested in hating Bz or hoping he fails. In fact, forget the ties, and awkwardness and other symptoms, the only reason we can't stand BZ is because we think he is incapable of winning an ACC Title. This premise is so flawed given who it is directed at it's mind numbing.

Curious if this board would prefer to Win the ACC or have Buzz gone?

I think I know the answer.

You can't have both just one or the other.

Seriously this question is annoying the shit out of me. The best analogy I can think of is going up to a defrauded investor in Madoff Investment securites in 2007 and saying,

"Alright look, I know your kind of a hater so I can already guess what your gonna say. But, would you rather have Mr. Madoff go earn back all of the money that he stole-lost, for you, or, would you rather see him go jail? You can only pick one."

"Well how the fuck do I answer that? I mean he deserves to go to jail, but the end game of all of this is I need my f'ing money back so I guess A....but hold on, this is the fucker who stole my money in the 1st place! He has been stealing others money since 1960! Are you telling me he just woke up today and became a trustworthy and competent investor, leaving his 30 year career of fraud in the rear? Fuck this shit, If someone in the SEC ever wakes up then I say throw his ass in jail and Ill sue his ass to recoup what he took from me."

ergo I chose C. In order to accomplish A, which is the end game, we probably have to do B.

Back