• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WSSU quarterback attacked notWFU topic

No excuse for the attack - none whatsoever . But why get two teams together like that before a game? I know they do it at bowls but I would think they don't mingle . Putting players in the same bathroom creates the opportunity for some trash to be talked and a fight to break out. Would they have had a luncheon for Miami and FSU years ago on the day before the game . Again , no excuse, and if this was a premeditated attack on the WSSU QB, the attackers should get active jail time and never be allowed to play college football again at any level .

Why did they cancel the volleyball championship as well? Same schools playing?

No excuse for the attack - none whatsoever . But why get two teams together like that before a game? I know they do it at bowls but I would think they don't mingle . Putting players in the same bathroom creates the opportunity for some trash to be talked and a fight to break out. Would they have had a luncheon for Miami and FSU years ago on the day before the game . Again , no excuse, and if this was a premeditated attack on the WSSU QB, the attackers should get active jail time and never be allowed to play college football again at any level .

There's a video on YouTube of the 1992 Weedeter Bowl fight between us and Oregon. It should be pretty easy to find, I'd link it if I wasn't on my phone.

Not really. WSSU dropped two spots in the regional rankings and instead of getting a bye have to play in the first round against Slippery Rock. That's tough.

Back