• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WWE terminates contract of Hulk Hogan after racist rant

RollWave35

#KeepPounding
Reaction score
WWE has issued the following statement in regards to the Hulk Hogan situation:

“WWE terminated its contract with Terry Bollea (aka Hulk Hogan). WWE is committed to embracing and celebrating individuals from all backgrounds as demonstrated by the diversity of our employees, performers and fans worldwide.”
http://www.topropepress.com/news/10399/hulk-hogan-terminated-from-wwe

Story broke a little while ago on the National Enquirer:

Using language so hate-filled and vile it would shock even his most ardent fans, Hulk brazenly blustered to Heather Clem – the wife of his former pal Bubba “The Love Sponge,” with whom he was covertly filmed having sex with in 2012 – that he was an unabashed “racist."

"I guess we’re all a little racist," he crowed on the tape, multiple sources have confirmed exclusively to The ENQUIRER.

Despite his TV image as a born-again Christian, the tapes prove that Hulk is a very different man off camera!

In a startling exchange, the 61-year-old told Clem – who he sued for invasion of privacy after their XXX tape was leaked to a website – about his frustrations with blonde bombshell Brooke, 27.

"She is making some real bad decisions now," Hulk said, sources tell us. "My daughter Brooke jumped sides on me. I spent $2-3 million on her music career, I’ve done everything like a jackass for her.”

The bitter bodybuilder continued, "The one option Brooke had, Brooke’s career besides me, is [to] sell beach records."

At that point on the tape, the former "Hogan Knows Best” star bemoaned how a "black billionaire guy" had offered to fund her music career.

He also attempts to use bizarre, twisted logic in an attempt to justify his bigotry at the man.

"I don’t know if Brooke was f*cking the black guy’s son," Hulk raved, the sources add.

"I mean, I don’t have double standards. I mean, I am a racist, to a point, f*cking n*ggers. But then when it comes to nice people and sh*t, and whatever."

According to sources, he said: "I mean, I’d rather if she was going to f*ck some n*gger, I’d rather have her marry an 8-foot-tall n*gger worth a hundred million dollars! Like a basketball player!

"I guess we’re all a little racist. Fucking n*gger."
http://www.nationalenquirer.com/cel...-tape-saying-n-word-daughter-brooke-exclusive

Hogan's only "response" has been a tweet.

Jeez...the random slurs thrown in at the end of sentences are so weird.

Dude is 61 years old and grew up in the south. Reminds me of Bill Burr's rant about the Duck Dynasty guy.

He has made a ton of money over the years, so I don't see this harming anything other than his pride. However, it's another case of something private that should've stayed private being thrown out to the public and the public (or at least gawker) jumping to shame a guy over something they really should have no business knowing. There is just zero expectation of privacy anymore.

hqdefault.jpg

raise your hand if you had the under on 5 posts before elc defends the racist. it's like a dog whistle. do you have an rss feed?

ELC with the implied "If you grew up saying nigger, it's fine to keep saying it" take.

ELC with the implied "If you grew up saying nigger, it's fine to keep saying it as long as it is around other white people" take.

Fixed.

This was apparently the wife of Bubba the Love Sponge, WHILE BUBBA WAS IN THE OTHER ROOM.

What fucked up shit.

You guys are the predictable fucking morons, not me. I didn't excuse the behavior or the language. I said it's not surprising that a 60+ year old man who grew up in the south would use the n-word. I then bemoaned the general lack of privacy in today's culture. It is particularly true with celebrities.

How did Gawker even get this video? Didn't Bubba The Love Sponge know that Hogan was banging his wife (I think he even did it with his consent?), secretly videotape the whole thing, then try to sell it for $ or blackmail? Gawker has been sitting on this tape since 2012 (the tape was supposedly made in 2006), and this basically gets released now most likely as retaliation for him suing Gawker. That to me is much more disturbing than a 61 year old southern man throwing out racial epithets during some pillow talk. I'm sure you guys have said some zingers in the sack too, but it's nobody's business.

"I'm not saying it's ok to be racist in public, I'm saying it's ok to be racist at home."

Yes, please chime in PhDeac, aka The OGBoards Undefeated Confucius, with your insufferable gleanings of wisdom which could only derive themselves from that sociology degree of yours. You know, that same degree that only our smartest athletes pursue since basket weaving is not an option at Wake. Not like I should talk with my history degree (and only a paltry BA at that), but at least with a history degree I can believably talk out of my ass every now and then. Yeah, my job options are pretty much limited to teaching or government employment, but that beats teaching or operating your own cheese steak stand w/ Townie as your loyal customer. Go make a concerned note about racist white people in your steno pad for whatever bullshit two hour lecture you'll be boring people with soon.

Everybody knows the best thing to do after you're accused of defending racism is to personally attack one of the few black posters. Beats claiming we're friends though.

Seems like ELC could at least pretend to be disappointed or upset about racism once in a while. Do we all really just accept that southerners are racist by default? I don't expect people who grew up during desegregation to to be racist. Shit, most of our parents are Hogan's age or older, is it normal for them to be racist?

Last edited:
I didnt take ELC to be defending racism at all from that post in any way. What am I missing?

I didnt take ELC to be defending racism at all from that post in any way. What am I missing?

I think it's just the deflection to other issues other than the disgusting racism implies that other things are more outrageous than the initial comments.

Back