• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Xavier on Jan 2nd...

Two Skip assistants make national news for big-time gestures in the wake of Sandy Hook. But yeah, this new culture is so much better.

This may be a haas but Yahoo Sports recently published a great article about Kelsey. Culture change my ass.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaab--pat-kelsey-s-sandy-hook-speech-was-the-right-move-by-the-right-coach-193546419.html

Kelsey is a protégé of one of the most respected thinkers in recent college sports history: Skip Prosser. The former Wake Forest coach was revered in college basketball not only for his strategy and gamesmanship, but for his dedication to bringing academics into athletics.

A Prosser disciple does not spew empty words. Especially this one. Kelsey, a former Wake Forest assistant, left basketball a year after Prosser's sudden passing in 2007. Kelsey was overcome with the stress of balancing work and family. He had two young children at home, had seen how Prosser died without getting a chance to say goodbye to his own loved ones.

No positive articles this year about the "new culture", but a bunch about key members from the "old culture".

Xavier stunk it up at Tenn., so they are on a losing streak coming in to Winston. Not one of their better teams.

Xavier stunk it up at Tenn., so they are on a losing streak coming in to Winston. Not one of their better teams.

Even so... Mack is going to have his guys ready to play hard. Coming off a bad loss means they're going to want this game even more. This does not bode well for our chances. That said, we are extremely well matched positionally and experientally with X, so this game will be both telling in terms of [Redacted] in-game and our team's improvement. Furthermore, it will also make the LOWF corps look like even bigger fools for supporting a bad effort. Hopefully we make this a game, if anything, then for Skip.

Xavier has lost 3 in a row and 4 out of 5. Lately, they have had a hard time breaking 50 points per game. They have young guards and don't have size inside. The match up could favor Wake and a win would provide some mo against UVa and BC at home. If we don't make a stand now the season will probably be a disaster. So it is time to see what we can do.

I would encourage all #buzzout people to silence about all things [Redacted] between New Year's Eve and the day after this game.

Doesn't even feel proper to use the two coaches names in the same sentence.

Lets use that period of time to reflect on the past and to treasure the memories Skip brought to so many of us.

I'm in. I'm tired of talking about the asshat. I think I'll go to the game... for Skip.

Xavier has lost 3 in a row and 4 out of 5. Lately, they have had a hard time breaking 50 points per game. They have young guards and don't have size inside. The match up could favor Wake and a win would provide some mo against UVa and BC at home. If we don't make a stand now the season will probably be a disaster. So it is time to see what we can do.

If we don't press early and often I'm heading for the exit.

Mack has benched J.Robinson for some reason so they are very small. We should win this one unless they allow Redford to get hot from deep.

I think we have a good chance to win.

But if we lose by 10 points or less, Schwabber will start a thread about how great we played.

Even so... Mack is going to have his guys ready to play hard. Coming off a bad loss means they're going to want this game even more. This does not bode well for our chances. That said, we are extremely well matched positionally and experientally with X, so this game will be both telling in terms of [Redacted] in-game and our team's improvement. Furthermore, it will also make the LOWF corps look like even bigger fools for supporting a bad effort. Hopefully we make this a game, if anything, then for Skip.

After losing to Wofford 56-55 at home, they stunk it up some more at Tenn losing 51-47 (Tenn scored 36 and 38 points in losses to G'Town and UVA so I'm shocked to see them at 8-3) so I guess it might be time for Mack to get his guys ready.

Is there any TV or live streaming?

I checked out the Atdhenet and ESPN3 listings for tonight and it wasn't there. And looked at the TV schedule and no ESPNU or CBS college or anything.

ESPN3 exclusive (#culturechange).

espn-8-the-ocho.jpg

Just saw a photo taken from mid-court, about halfway up. There were MAYBE 20 people in the photo.

Back