• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Xbox Live

iodeac

Reaction score
Pit, I just got an Xbox 360, looking forward to playing the games I never got to play on Wii. How much is Xbox Live, and is it worth it to get a Gold subscription? What do you all have?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

It's about $50 per year, give or take if you find a sale. It's required to play online.

I'm RadioFr33Europe if you want to add. Probably playing Halo 4 later today.

You can find a 1 year XBox live card for anywhere from $36-40 at times online. Definitely worth it just for the ability to watch ESPN3 games on your TV without having to hook up a computer and go through all that.

You can find a 1 year XBox live card for anywhere from $36-40 at times online. Definitely worth it just for the ability to watch ESPN3 games on your TV without having to hook up a computer and go through all that.

Yes, ESPN3 is great to have on TV. Also, you can use your XBox as a media center with Amazon and Netflix Instant.

Agree with all the above. Great for netflix streaming. Also, you can ask for a new xbox live gold card every year for Xmas for an easy gift request.
SleepyWFU98

I almost never play games on my Xbox...use it exclusively for Netflix, Hulu Plus, HBO Go, WatchESPN, Amazon Video, YouTube, Vimeo, Vudu, last.fm and streaming other media from my PC. Plus, live allows you to control from an Android or iPhone using smart glass.

What's the advantage of Gold? Haven't been able to research since I've been at the inlaws all day

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Pretty much everything listed thus far requires Gold. Playing games online requires Gold. If you get Halo or a lot of other games, you will get a one month trial of Gold so you can try it all out that way.

If you're not into games but not sure if you want Gold (you should get it), get a 3 month card to try it ($25). But buy a card or online subscription code, do not enter your credit card info into the live servers. It's more secure and you avoid automatic billing.

Definitely get Gold. Even if you don't play multiplayer games online (I don't), you can use it for Netflix streaming, YouTube, ESPN3 games (Wake basketball!), and other apps. If you play sports games, being online also allows you to download up-to-date rosters and such.

Whenever I sign in with my user name it never gets to the dashboard. It just circles forever.

Wow there is a ton of stuff to do on Xbox live. Avatars, music, movies, holy crap.

Can you play music from a USB drive on the Xbox 360?

It's about $50 per year, give or take if you find a sale. It's required to play online.

I'm RadioFr33Europe if you want to add. Probably playing Halo 4 later today.

I'm RunnerDeac. Just added you

The one thing I've noticed is how incredible true Dolby 5.1 surround sound is on a gaming system. The Wii could only output 2-channel Dolby ProLogic IIx and you don't really notice what you're missing. I was blown away when I popped in Black Ops 2 and heard it the way it should be heard.

Back