• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Xbox Live

The one thing I've noticed is how incredible true Dolby 5.1 surround sound is on a gaming system. The Wii could only output 2-channel Dolby ProLogic IIx and you don't really notice what you're missing. I was blown away when I popped in Black Ops 2 and heard it the way it should be heard.

Also, you can replace game soundtracks with your own music if you play music while in-game. But yeah, 5.1 is great.

DDSS 5.1 in the turtlebeaches or other similar headphones sounds incredible.

A sweet set of headphones would lead me down the path to divorce. Its bad enough that my XBOX is upstairs now.

Yes! And you can stream from a Windows Media Center or DLNA server.

I have never been able to get this to work very well. It takes about five minutes to boot the xbox and get it to connect to the media center, and then I had constant problems with "network failure". Drove me nuts and I finally just unhooked it.

I have never been able to get this to work very well. It takes about five minutes to boot the xbox and get it to connect to the media center, and then I had constant problems with "network failure". Drove me nuts and I finally just unhooked it.

Mine connects right up...stream OTA and recorded TV. Sounds like a network issue on your end. Were both machines wireless? Mine works a lot better now that my XBox is wired in with powerline networking.

Mine connects right up...stream OTA and recorded TV. Sounds like a network issue on your end. Were both machines wireless? Mine works a lot better now that my XBox is wired in with powerline networking.

it was wired in with powerline, then I tried it with a straight ethernet cable to my router to try and improve it, but didn't really help. The rest of my home network, wired and wireless, works fine.

Back