• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Year of the Camp

Plus we went for it on 4th and 1 at our own 40 with a minute to go before half, which led to an FSU TD. Our defense gave up some big plays but there were alot of positives in that FSU game.

are you being paid by the AD to write this stuff?

Plus we went for it on 4th and 1 at our own 40 with a minute to go before half, which led to an FSU TD. Our defense gave up some big plays but there were alot of positives in that FSU game.

I agree with you in principle but "alot" of positives is stretching it a little :D. For someone who is rabidly Bzzout (see our MO discussion), you make up for it with this "silver lining" comment about football. Welcome to the sunny side of the street. :thumbsup:

are you being paid by the AD to write this stuff?

It's reality. We stopped them on 3 of their first 4 possessions of the game and the 1st two possessions of the 2nd half.. Alot of our defensive problems were (a) big plays, and (b) the fact that our offense couldn't ever sustain any TOP to keep their offense off the field.

We also had 3 sacks and got pressure on their QB several other times, which is unusual for us against anybody, much less FSU.

They had a staggering 8 possessions in the 1st half and 3 of them started on our side of the 50. Considering they scored 49 against Clemson, that's just asking for trouble.

Last edited:
Clemson limited FSU to 5 drives in the 1st half and gave up 14 points and a couple of missed FGs.

In the 2nd half, FSU had 9 possessions including a couple of short fields, and put up 35 points.

Sounds awfully familiar.

The only positive I got out of the FSU game was we did pressure Manuel pretty consistently, but other than that I got nothing.

How much of it is the inability of other options and how much is Lobo/Tanner going to Camp every time?

How much of it is the inability of other options and how much is Lobo/Tanner going to Camp every time?

That's the million dollar question. I do think many times other guys are open and it's a matter of Tanner locking in on Camp, I'm sure other times though the other options aren't open. I think we're going to be forced to look elsewhere more, because any decent coach is going to try to take away Camp as much as possible.

This reminds me of the Kenny Moore days when we threw to him and mainly him. Then we put him in the backfield and ran wild cat to him...

I (mercifully) didn't get to see any of our game against FSU because I was with my four year old at Disney World, but after watching the second half against Clemson the other night, I saw everything I needed to see. The Noles are pretty damn good.

I (mercifully) didn't get to see any of our game against FSU because I was with my four year old at Disney World, but after watching the second half against Clemson the other night, I saw everything I needed to see. The Noles are pretty damn good.

The Noles are really good, but I came away from that game pretty impressed with Clemson's offense as well. Putting up the points and yardage they did against the Nole defense was pretty good, even if in a losing effort.

Well yeah, if Ehrmann could jump 3 inches higher and he picks that pass at the 5 yard line since Xavier Lee was clueless and just turned and threw the ball to Ehrmann, then yeah, it might have been more interesting. Like 41-17 interesting.

It's reality. We stopped them on 3 of their first 4 possessions of the game and the 1st two possessions of the 2nd half.. Alot of our defensive problems were (a) big plays, and (b) the fact that our offense couldn't ever sustain any TOP to keep their offense off the field.

We also had 3 sacks and got pressure on their QB several other times, which is unusual for us against anybody, much less FSU.

They had a staggering 8 possessions in the 1st half and 3 of them started on our side of the 50. Considering they scored 49 against Clemson, that's just asking for trouble.

Well yeah, if Ehrmann could jump 3 inches higher and he picks that pass at the 5 yard line since Xavier Lee was clueless and just turned and threw the ball to Ehrmann, then yeah, it might have been more interesting. Like 41-17 interesting.

You mean EJ Manuel, but since you bring up Xavier Lee, I still get a chuckle out of 2006 when we were spanking that FSU butt and Brent Musberger was making such a big deal out of Xavier Lee warming up like he was going to come in and turn it around.....:laugh: Of course we picked him off a couple of times and it was so bad the Noles put Weatherford back in. :bowrofl:

Back