• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Yes, We Have Finally Hit Rock Bottom

DirkTheDeac

Lord of the Board
Reaction score
I just watched the game after enjoying a beautiful day of golf. It was about what I expected. When the Heels hang 100+ points on you, I think you can call it. We have reached the bottom of the Mariana trench.

We still have a winning record, Dirk. We're winners! Things are great!

For most coaches this would be rock bottom, but I'm confident [Redacted] can do worse.

I don't get the people who keep harping on whether we've reached rock bottom. It clearly can get even worse than it already is. Buzz and Wellman have shown us that anything is possible.

We hit Rock Bottom 4 years ago when we brought in BZ. We just didn't realize it yet. Everything since that day has been par for the course. 30 point ass drubbing to the holes? So the fuck what? I am confident I can find you at least 15 losses that are on par with this one if not worse. So no, we didn't hit rock bottom today because that implies that we fell from somewhere. We have been at the bottom since November 12, 2010. Bz's 1st game he coached…a 10 point loss to Stetson. Along the way some of us have been confused by our win this year at home against UNC, or last years win against #2 Miami, or in 2010 when we started the ACC with a win and 10-5 record.

Its like grabbing ac couple of steps along the wall of the Lazarus Pit. Do not be deceived my child, you are in no better position then when you were standing on the ground floor of the pit.

We hit Rock Bottom 4 years ago when we brought in BZ. We just didn't realize it yet. Everything since that day has been par for the course. 30 point ass drubbing to the holes? So the fuck what? I am confident I can find you at least 15 losses that are on par with this one if not worse. So no, we didn't hit rock bottom today because that implies that we fell from somewhere. We have been at the bottom since November 12, 2010. Bz's 1st game he coached…a 10 point loss to Stetson. Along the way some of us have been confused by our win this year at home against UNC, or last years win against #2 Miami, or in 2010 when we started the ACC with a win and 10-5 record.

Its like grabbing ac couple of steps along the wall of the Lazarus Pit. Do not be deceived my child, you are in no better position then when you were standing on the ground floor of the pit.
Well said and sad also

I have complete faith in Bz and W's ability to sink lower.

I honestly don't know what Devin is crying about. Stop acting like your not accustomed to getting your ass beat by 20+ 5 to 10 times a year. Sure 100 looks bad, but at least we scored 70 and the holes are respectable team this year. You want to cry about something, where were those tears when Iona skull fucked us 94-68..AND THE GAME WAS NOT AS CLOSE AS THE SCORE.

If your team is one of the 8 to 15 teams that loses to us in a given season, then that is your team that has hit rock bottom. There is no Rock Bottom for us, we are the bottom. All in all, this loss wasn't that bad for a Bzz effort.

I honestly don't know what Devin is crying about. Stop acting like your not accustomed to getting your ass beat by 20+ 5 to 10 times a year. Sure 100 looks bad, but at least we scored 70 and the holes are respectable team this year. You want to cry about something, where were those tears when Iona skull fucked us 94-68..AND THE GAME WAS NOT AS CLOSE AS THE SCORE.

If your team is one of the 8 to 15 teams that loses to us in a given season, then that is your team that has hit rock bottom. There is no Rock Bottom for us, we are the bottom. All in all, this loss wasn't that bad for a Bzz effort.

Sorry, now I'm just frustrated.

More losses won't define rock bottom. This loss was rock bottom. Just my opinion.

If you really think that today, or any other previous day, is rock-bottom, then you need to ask yourself how you will feel if you wake up on April 15th and we don't have a new coach.

If you really think that today, or any other previous day, is rock-bottom, then you need to ask yourself how you will feel if you wake up on April 15th and we don't have a new coach.

Yes. I had not wrapped my mind around that possibility after watching the game. That would be rock bottom.

I didn't watch the 2nd half; but I do not get the negative comments about Devin. He is the one kid who obviously cares and plays with an edge. There are players worthy of criticism but I would not put Thomas in that category.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but that was Wake's worst defensive performance ever under Bzz. So we did literally hit rock bottom.

Rock bottom is when Ronnie gives him a 5th year.

You want rock bottom??? It comes when Wellman decides not to retire or move to more lucrative saps, er, ugh, opportunities!

Back