• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

You consider yourself pro-gay rights? Have you had Chick-Fil-A in the last few years?

Well, we're waiting?

• Total voters
So I get the whole "it's impossible to know how your money is being used" argument- my issue with CFA as that they chose to make it a public issue, and that's why I boycotted them. However, after reading Shane Windmeyer's piece a while ago that there was at some form of reconciliation, and therefore, it's back into the "you just can't know" camp. But, imo, if a company goes on the record with some stupidity like this, then a boycott is warranted.

I don't shop at Walmart because it's a miserable experience with shitty customer service and awful clientele.

But, imo, if a company goes on the record with some stupidity like this, then a boycott is warranted.

Huckabee screwed CFA more than anybody, especially timing wise. If he had just praised them for having good food, reasonable prices, and excellent customer service, nobody would have cared. Same thing with being closed on Sundays. In explicitly praising CFA for funding anti-gay groups and drawing attention to those activities, Huckabee branded CFA with an image that somebody trying to expand nationally really didn't want or need. Fast food skews toward younger consumers and the tide toward marriage equality was already accelerating. There are very few firms now looking to be associated with anti-gay activities and there will be even fewer in the future. Might have been OK if CFA wanted to stay small and in the rural South, but they'd long ago moved to metro areas and were looking to make a move nationally. Huckabee's now pissed that CFA wants to take a more neutral position on gays. With friends like that...

-According to the Economic Policy Institute, trade between Wal-Mart and China resulted in the loss of 133,000 manufacturing jobs in the United States between 2001 and 2006.

-The CEO of Wal-Mart makes more in a single hour than a full-time Wal-Mart associate makes in an entire year.

-Tens of thousands of Wal-Mart employees and their children are enrolled in Medicaid and are dependent on the government for healthcare.

-The combined net worth of six members of the Walton family is roughly equal to the combined net worth of the poorest 30 percent of all Americans.

God, I fucking hate Walmart.

CFA franchises

Eh..kind of. It's not a typical franchise arrangement. CFA has a large financial stake in each unit (generally, at most, franchisers will facilitate financing) and takes a much larger share of profits than other franchisers

I try to go to the less evil gas companies. Shell is my go-to, but I realize that they are far from perfect.

BP is the worst and I generally try to avoid Exxon. http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2014/apr/03/exxon-mobil-climate-change-oil-gas-fossil-fuels

Wait until Shell starts drilling in the waters off Alaska and the inevitable spill happens as the winter sea ice closes in. It will make controlling and cleaning up the Gulf spill look like child's play.

few things more overrated than chik-fil-A

gy6e7eha.jpg

So I get the whole "it's impossible to know how your money is being used" argument- my issue with CFA as that they chose to make it a public issue, and that's why I boycotted them. However, after reading Shane Windmeyer's piece a while ago that there was at some form of reconciliation, and therefore, it's back into the "you just can't know" camp. But, imo, if a company goes on the record with some stupidity like this, then a boycott is warranted.

yup

i boycott cfa and walmart. really missing out on quality. not.

Haven't read this thread so it's probably in here but Walmart employees costs taxpayers $6.2 billion a year in subsidies.

Should one go overboard and research every product you buy? Of course not, but if business owner of any size holds repugnant positions, there are plenty of other products you can buy.

kind of like welch's. fuck those guys.

just for arguments sake i'd like to point out that walmart is a national bulwark against inflation.

I'm probably going to stop at Zaxby's after a late afternoon meeting out of town. Any recommendations?

I'm probably going to stop at Zaxby's after a late afternoon meeting out of town. Any recommendations?

An insulin prescription?

Nah, but serials go with the Wangs and Thangs. Its the staple of any good Zaxby's experience.

whatever the hottest sauce is, get that.

cackalacky sauce is the best hot sauce i've ever had with chicken in terms of flavor synergy, just lyk

Back