• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

You Laugh, You Lose FTMFW - Version 2.0 - Bigger, Longer, Uncut

Holy shit I about burst a blood vessel laughing so hard. This girl is amazing.

29vi2jc.jpg

man, boston accents are the worst

What'd you think of those Mainer accents up in Bangor? My wife thankfully escaped Maine without any kind of accent, but every single other member of her entire family is rural Maine through and through. Some of them are downright unintelligible.

What'd you think of those Mainer accents up in Bangor? My wife thankfully escaped Maine without any kind of accent, but every single other member of her entire family is rural Maine through and through. Some of them are downright unintelligible.

the downeaster accent is simliar but nothing like the hardcore Mass/Boston accent. most of non-coastal maine doesn't really have much of an accent unless you count rural poor person bad-english an accent

the downeaster accent is simliar but nothing like the hardcore Mass/Boston accent. most of non-coastal maine doesn't really have much of an accent unless you count rural poor person bad-english an accent

I dunno about that. I spend a lot of time in Augusta and the surrounding areas and those people have mega accents. Haven't spent much time in Bangor so maybe it's different.

I dunno about that. I spend a lot of time in Augusta and the surrounding areas and those people have mega accents. Haven't spent much time in Bangor so maybe it's different.

i've heard real humans talk like the guy in the video so i consider that mega. in my 5 years, visiting basically all parts, i only heard that level a few times and that was by lobstermen in Washington county, basically the deep south of Maine.

it's true the closer you get to mass, the more accent you'll hear in general, but it's not the cartoon Boston accent.

It's noticeable, like any accent, but up there it was a lot softer than "Boston"; i found it endearing. I was perpetually disappointed that i didn't hear it that much, honestly.

i've heard real humans talk like the guy in the video so i consider that mega. in my 5 years, visiting basically all parts, i only heard that level a few times and that was by lobstermen in Washington county, basically the deep south of Maine.

it's true the closer you get to mass, the more accent you'll hear in general, but it's not the cartoon Boston accent.

It's noticeable, like any accent, but up there it was a lot softer than "Boston"; i found it endearing. I was perpetually disappointed that i didn't hear it that much, honestly.

My wife's family and their friends defs sound different than the comical Southie accent that is constantly butchered on TV/movies, but it's still strong to quite strong. But they also live in rural central Maine areas (mostly west/northwest of Augusta) where few flats have any cause to go. It could be more to your comment about poors sounding poor (which most of them are). I compare it more closely to the accents I heard living in rural Vermont than the Boston accent.

I talked to a bartender in Bar Harbor who lived on the Maineland and I couldn't understand a work her poor rural ass said.

Back