• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Your encounters with wildlife

I hit a deer going 45 last night on the way home from work. Somehow the thing survived (for now) and ran off but it wrecked the front end of the car and made almost every airbag deploy. Fucker sprinted right in front of my bumper, never saw it till it was on my car.

thoughts and prayers

in other news; did you know that deer really love roasted/salted pistachios? even unshelled?!

I hit a deer going 45 last night on the way home from work. Somehow the thing survived (for now) and ran off but it wrecked the front end of the car and made almost every airbag deploy. Fucker sprinted right in front of my bumper, never saw it till it was on my car.

shit that sucks man. Amazing how much damage one of those things can do to a car and they come out of nowhere.

My neighborhood is freaking out because we have coyotes nearby that howl at night. I haven't seem them yet, but we have so many deer running down the street it should be easy hunting.

My neighborhood is freaking out because we have coyotes nearby that howl at night. I haven't seem them yet, but we have so many deer running down the street it should be easy hunting.

Coyotes will eat the fawns definitely, but once the deer are >4 months old they'll turn their attention elsewhere...like to outdoor cats and dogs. Urban and suburban coyotes eat a lot of cats. A coyote almost killed my neighbors beagle, they saw it hop the 4ft fence with the beagle in its mouth, but he dropped the dog when my neighbor ran out of the house and started chasing it.

Coyotes will eat the fawns definitely, but once the deer are >4 months old they'll turn their attention elsewhere...like to outdoor cats and dogs. Urban and suburban coyotes eat a lot of cats. A coyote almost killed my neighbors beagle, they saw it hop the 4ft fence with the beagle in its mouth, but he dropped the dog when my neighbor ran out of the house and started chasing it.

My parents lost two indoor/outdoor cats over the past year to what we assume were coyotes. Sucks, man.

The coyotes near us are getting very ballsy. I walked outside to take the garbage out last week and one stared at me about 50 yards away. I walked in the house, grabbed my 20 gauge and hit it with birdshot. He ran off carrying a few more ounces of lead, and havent seen it since.

Dude, he just wanted to eat your garbage.

Also, please remove the Sticky from the Secret Santa Thread. It is not deserved.

My parents lost two indoor/outdoor cats over the past year to what we assume were coyotes. Sucks, man.

In no way I am trying to be insensitive to your/their loss, but I'd suggest they keep their cats indoors full time. It is better for the cats and for the birds in their neighborhood.

NextDoor postings about coyote sightings are some of my favorites.

NextDoor postings about coyote sightings are some of my favorites.

Leebs, you can't now just pretend like your prior coyotephobia never existed. Like, "look at these idiots who fear Coyotepocalypse! What a bunch of maroons!"

We remember.

When the smartest man you know tells you to prepare for the coyote apocalypse you prepare.

The idea that at some point we may live outside of a community and need to defend our home -not against other people- has come up.

WE REMEMBER.

{Leebs, don't be mad. This is one of my top 5 all time favorite posts on these here rjkarl message boards.}

Back