• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Your favorite rap/hip-hop song

Juicy - Biggie

Tough for me to top that one (or a handful of others on that album). Would add a few others that are close... for me, at least:
Dr. Dre - Nuthin' But a G Thang
OutKast - Git Up, Git Out
Gang Starr - Mass Appeal
Pete Rock & CL Smooth - They Reminisce Over You (T.R.O.Y.)

According to my iTunes this is the most played hip-hop song in my library:

I love blasting this in the car when I'm rolling through the OLD NORTH END.

Tough for me to top that one (or a handful of others on that album). Would add a few others that are close... for me, at least:
Dr. Dre - Nuthin' But a G Thang
OutKast - Git Up, Git Out
Gang Starr - Mass Appeal
Pete Rock & CL Smooth - They Reminisce Over You (T.R.O.Y.)

Those are all solid options, especially the last one. That song is classic.

But I'm changing my answer - and I can't believe I didn't say this in the first place: OutKast - Elevators.

Those are all solid options, especially the last one. That song is classic.

But I'm changing my answer - and I can't believe I didn't say this in the first place: OutKast - Elevators.

That is a great call.

This is a very, very close second for me.

That is a great call.

The summer of '96 I was between my freshman and sophomore years at Wake. I was back home in Pittsburgh for the summer working a crappy summer day camp job. The highlight of my day would be whenever the "Hot Eight At Eight" would come on each night and they would play Elevators. I waited for that joint to drop all summer.

Back