• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Your favorite rap/hip-hop song

I remember my sister and I driving around town that summer rapping it together.

One of my favorite random memories was the first time I heard Players Ball. I was in my senior year at Science & Math. We didn't have transportation so every now and then, one of the brothers on staff would take a few of us to get our hair cut at a shop off Club Blvd. It was late afternoon and Rap City was on the TV. I was in the chair and wasn't wearing my glasses so I couldn't see a thing but I heard this song that was a different style that everything else that was hot back then like Midnight Marauders, Enter the Wu-Tang, Doggystyle, Digable Planets first album. It was just unique.

So after we were all done, we went back to the van and all we could talk about was that song Players Ball from some group we never heard of called Outkast.

It's cool all these years later to see that my senior year of high school is regarded as landmark year in rap music.

such a great thread topic...

Picking favorite songs is too hard, but I can add a list of my top five favorite hip-hop artists (based on no particular criteria):

Tupac
Treach
Slick Rick
Nas
Eminem
Big Pun

Also, those with no favorite song, listen below and you'll have one:

It's cool all these years later to see that my senior year of high school is regarded as landmark year in rap music.

'96?

Last edited:
Not much of a rap aficionado, but I do enjoy Gang Starr. Since they are already well represented, how about some Kool Keith instead?

Forgot about this thread and almost posted the same songs again - so nothing from 2016 made the list.

It's not just the song, but also the point in time I was listening to it a lot.

Guess I missed this thread the first time around.

I remember listening to the cassette single of Regulate over and over again on the bus when I was a kid. I really loved Thuggish Ruggish Bone & Nuthin But a G Thang too. But if I have to choose just one song:

Back