• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Your projection for Wake's tuition in 2037

Seems likely to me that community colleges, state schools, and private schools with the best reputations are going to survive. Less elite private places likely going to struggle more and more, probably.

You have to be pretty fortunate/successful to pay for a place like msd. That doesn’t seem likely to change.

If you can pay for it and want to, great. I wouldn’t borrow a lot of money to attend. If you have to borrow, look at the best state school that will take you. Unless you get a significant scholarship.

I can’t see for profits making it. I don’t know about non-elite privates. Seems like there is a market for people who assume private = better. I don’t know who goes to those schools now but they’ll keep doing it.

I can’t see for profits making it. I don’t know about non-elite privates. Seems like there is a market for people who assume private = better. I don’t know who goes to those schools now but they’ll keep doing it.

A lot of them are struggling right now. There have been a couple of closures of small privates in New England recently. Bennett College and Salem College are both on accreditation probation for lack of financial resources and I wouldn't put money on either of them surviving the next 10 years. High Point University reinvented itself as a playground for very rich, very mediocre students and is thriving - but it has borrowed $texas to do it and who knows if that is ultimately sustainable. Greensboro College went through a financial crisis and was able to recover.

I think religious, single sex, and HBCU small privates are in trouble unless wealthy donors prop them up. Overall I’m not sure.

A lot of them are struggling right now. There have been a couple of closures of small privates in New England recently. Bennett College and Salem College are both on accreditation probation for lack of financial resources and I wouldn't put money on either of them surviving the next 10 years. High Point University reinvented itself as a playground for very rich, very mediocre students and is thriving - but it has borrowed $texas to do it and who knows if that is ultimately sustainable. Greensboro College went through a financial crisis and was able to recover.

High Point University must be a poster child for unsustainability. Unless there's some market study on availability of dumb-rich NE'sters willing to pay $texas to send Chad and Stacy to "that one college in the south with the hot tubs."

If you had a baby today and sent him/her to Wake in 18 years, what do you think annual all-in cost would be? Could it be $100k? Thoughts?

Doesn't it depend on how many head MBB coaches we are still paying off?

Back