• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

You're a douchebag if...

Stan Gable

Reaction score
You wear one of these

Barbour%20Beaufort%20jacket.jpg

There is a 95% chance you are a douche if you wear a Barbour jacket.

What else?

Wow, fishing shirts and now barbour. Lots of my clothing is apparently douchey.

LOL @ being a douche if you wear barbour. I guess that confirms it, oh well.

You wear one of these

Barbour%20Beaufort%20jacket.jpg

There is a 95% chance you are a douche if you wear a Barbour jacket.

What else?

I don't own this jacket, but what about it is douchey? It looks like a jacket. It is not pink, nor does it appear to be covered in fur or logos. Is there something wrong with Barbour? Do they conduct a dogfighting operation?

I wear a barbour jacket because:

1) they look good
2) they are high quality
3) they are warm
4) I shoot shotguns a lot
5) Bird hunting

i'm not terribly well-versed in men's fashion, but what's so awful about those jackets?

and i've always heard guys criticize girls for "dressing for other girls." it seems to me that the guys on here are more judgmental of fashion differences than the girls are.

I wear a barbour jacket because:

1) they look good
2) they are high quality
3) they are warm
4) I shoot shotguns a lot
5) Bird hunting

And, apparently, because you're a douche bag. I love mine. In fact, I asked for another one from Christmas this year. Guess that makes me an even bigger douche bag.

the bald rich narcissist may be on to something:

Silly Wearer

26 up, 1 down

noun. (see also Hipsters Sho Hos Frails )

1. A person purposely sporting clothing that looks so fashionable it's verging on silly.

2. A person wielding clothing or accessories that are designed to serve specific functions, in an ironic or trendy way.

See: Messenger bags, Fixed Gear bikes, glassless spectacles, Barbour jackets.

3. Persons so dedicated to acquiring the status of "an individual" they will follow the current hipster trends without question or hesitation. They will wear the clothes Vice magazine says they should wear, drink in the bars their favorite blogs tell them to, and walk around Shoreditch with an air of smugness only attainable by those in the knowledge that they are the coolest they could possibly be.

Serious Silly Wearers can also be seen sporting ironic moustaches and silly haircuts to further distance themselves from mainstream cliche's.

"See that guy over there with his bare ankles on display because he's rolled up his skinny jeans and isn't wearing socks with those brown leather loafers? Yeah, he's a silly wearer."

A Barbour jacket in itself doesn't make you a douche. People that wear Barbour jackets a generally the highest order of douches.

A Barbour jacket in itself doesn't make you a douche. People that wear Barbour jackets a generally the highest order of douches.

See, but as I've asked you, WHY is that the case? I'm not familiar with Barbour jackets. What about them, in your opinion, attracts "the highest order of douches"? Show your work a little.

the bald rich narcissist may be on to something:

Silly Wearer

26 up, 1 down

noun. (see also Hipsters Sho Hos Frails )

1. A person purposely sporting clothing that looks so fashionable it's verging on silly.

2. A person wielding clothing or accessories that are designed to serve specific functions, in an ironic or trendy way.

See: Messenger bags, Fixed Gear bikes, glassless spectacles, Barbour jackets.

3. Persons so dedicated to acquiring the status of "an individual" they will follow the current hipster trends without question or hesitation. They will wear the clothes Vice magazine says they should wear, drink in the bars their favorite blogs tell them to, and walk around Shoreditch with an air of smugness only attainable by those in the knowledge that they are the coolest they could possibly be.

Serious Silly Wearers can also be seen sporting ironic moustaches and silly haircuts to further distance themselves from mainstream cliche's.

"See that guy over there with his bare ankles on display because he's rolled up his skinny jeans and isn't wearing socks with those brown leather loafers? Yeah, he's a silly wearer."

Is this implying that Barbour is hipster?

Back