• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Bruins opened up the season with a 6-3 win after falling down 3-1 in the second. Rattling off five goals in a row on the road to win the opener is a solid start. The first line was responsible for all six goals.

It was fun to be back at the Stars game last night. Weird game. 3 goals from the bottom 6 and 1 from a D man. Stars out shot and out chanced. Niemi strong in net. I haven't seen Getzlaf in person since the 2014 playoffs. He's still such a beast out there.

Flyers looked good last night although I went to bed after they went up 2-0. The kids can play and the new 2nd line is legit.

Welcome to the big leagues, Mathew Barzal.

Three minutes into tonight's game, he gets called slashing.

As he's exiting the box two minutes later, he plays the puck while still in the box, garnering an interference minor.

Four PIMs in Five minutes - impressive!

Flyers looked good last night although I went to bed after they went up 2-0. The kids can play and the new 2nd line is legit.

They got screwed in Arizona. Jake got 22 minutes of penalties after the game was over. The defenseman was tripped by the Yotes, then they grabbed and took Jake's stick with no call. The taking of Vorachek's stuck right in front of the ref was ridiculous.

Seeing as how the defense was solid last year and the offense shitty, and considering a new roster, so far I'm optimistic that the defense will return and the offense is better rather than a full-stop switch.

They just need to stop skating scared and close out games.

Bruins off to a good start after three road games to begin the year. Front line has played really well with Bergeron out and while there will certainly be some growing pains, the Chara-Carlo defensive pairing has a lot of promise and is good for Carlo's development (also got his first career goal last night and said he "kind of blacked out" after it). Home opener is Thursday against New Jersey.

Looks like a four-game losing streak to start the year for the 'Canes.

Up 3-0

Tried to blow it but held on for a change.

Tharr's goals in this 'ere team!

4 points out of 8 in this opening road trip isn't terrible. Especially when it could have been 6-7 points. Obvious cause for concern but at least this season it appears we can appreciate having a cause for concern. A win in philly would be huge

I get the early feeling the Metro isn't that great this year. PIT and WASH aside at least. Atlantic I think will be way deeper.

Let's end the damn drought

Back