• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The #Buzzout #Wellmanout Billboard: Development Thread

Wellman put the Field Hockey team on probation a few years back due to "culture" issues so that sport has not been able to bump the standing up like usual.

Say what?

Are you joking?

Say what?

Are you joking?

No - definitely not. Why do you think I am so pissed. I thought hockey was a one-off case, but now that I see what is happening with the basketball program, I think that he has a systematic pattern of destroying championship programs. Why? Who knows...jealousy, put in his own people, control...who knows.

No - definitely not. Why do you think I am so pissed. I thought hockey was a one-off case, but now that I see what is happening with the basketball program, I think that he has a systematic pattern of destroying championship programs. Why? Who knows...jealousy, put in his own people, control...who knows.

Need more info please.

Need more info please.

I will give you as much as I can, but media will focus on basketball - that is the bigger message that will generate change. Hockey is another example along with baseball as supporting evidence. Don't forget baseball.

Hockey was threatened with the cancellation of an ENTIRE SEASON and instead received probation for culture issues. Culture issues included initiation activities which crossed the line, some WSPD action, etc. Definitely some wrong behavior which could have been solved internally that instead was dragged through the athletic department and Wellman who decided that the Hockey program needed rehabilitation. His probation actions are a major driver of the hole they are now digging themselves out of.

My main point is that no one is perfect, no team is perfect, student-athletes are young and make mistakes so don't use the term "culture" as an excuse to breed a form of "good guy" eugenics. Teams can solve their own problems if you step out of the way and stop over-reaching on the culture point.

FH has fielded teams. What did probation entail?

Probably should start another thread on this to get the word out about what used to be our best program.

I will give you as much as I can, but media will focus on basketball - that is the bigger message that will generate change. Hockey is another example along with baseball as supporting evidence. Don't forget baseball.

Hockey was threatened with the cancellation of an ENTIRE SEASON and instead received probation for culture issues. Culture issues included initiation activities which crossed the line, some WSPD action, etc. Definitely some wrong behavior which could have been solved internally that instead was dragged through the athletic department and Wellman who decided that the Hockey program needed rehabilitation. His probation actions are a major driver of the hole they are now digging themselves out of.

My main point is that no one is perfect, no team is perfect, student-athletes are young and make mistakes so don't use the term "culture" as an excuse to breed a form of "good guy" eugenics. Teams can solve their own problems if you step out of the way and stop over-reaching on the culture point.

If there is a shred of truth to this post, the asshole should be relieved of his duties tonight. He has obviously completely lost it.

FH has fielded teams. What did probation entail?

Probably should start another thread on this to get the word out about what used to be our best program.

I want to see if we have progress on our initiatives first. If we don't, I'll hammer this point in far more detail in the fall in a separate thread. I don't want message diversification to dilute the main message. We need basketball to succeed first - it helps keep the non-revenue producing sports afloat among many, many other things.

The message is that Ron Wellman is not fit to be our AD anymore. Basketball will not succeed until he is gone. Spill the beans about field hockey now so we can have as much ammunition going forward.

DeacStick = FH

Got it.

Getting rid of Wellman is the key to saving basketball and Wake sports. Anything to make this happen has to be done.

DeacStick = FH

Got it.

Getting rid of Wellman is the key to saving basketball and Wake sports. Anything to make this happen has to be done.

scorch_title_1.png

Wellman has this idea that great players are bad people. It's a dangerous mindset to have as an AD. I am still surprised no one has spoken up from the Prosser/Dino days after they are routinely dragged through the mud by the current regime.

Wellman has this idea that great players are bad people. It's a dangerous mindset to have as an AD. I am still surprised no one has spoken up from the Prosser/Dino days after they are routinely dragged through the mud by the current regime.

Why are you surprised? He has surrounded himself with yes men.

Every new piece of information makes me dislike this man as our Athletic Director even more...

How do a bunch of field hockey chicks get in trouble with the WSPD?

How do a bunch of field hockey chicks get in trouble with the WSPD?

We would not let them in the hockey house. They got pissed and stormed the house. There were over 10 police cars. Everyone ran. The freshman were caught and tackled by the cops. It was a hard tackle so they had to go to the hospital (they had open bloody gashes) and then they were arrested for underage drinking and fleeing police officers. Their mug shots are available - it is public somewhere. And apparently the WSPD has a direct line to the AD so it was a further shit show from there.

They got in trouble for hosting a party at their house where underage drinking occurred? That doesn't count. I thought they had beaten up a hobo or something.

I wonder how a conservative man like Ron Wellman feels about the fact that the successful coach of the field hockey program is a homosexual, considering he didn't hire her.

I wonder how a conservative man like Ron Wellman feels about the fact that the successful coach of the field hockey program is a homosexual, considering he didn't hire her.

Are you implying that homophobia is the source of the real problem between Ron and Dino? I would be more likely to believe that Dino rebuffed the advances of RW.

Back