• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 NASCAR Thread - Congrats Kyle Busch

Smoke announced today he'll retire after the 2016 season.

I'll say it again, Bowyer in the 14 in 2017.

Duh. Question is where does Bowyer go next year.

Also, Kes got absolutely fugged yesterday. Harvick had the better car but the way it played out, Kes would have won that race. Besides just not going on the restart at all, there was absolutely nothing Kes could have done in that situation.

Will be interesting to see what happens when one of the less outspoken in NASCAR does that next week.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...ewart-no-full-time-2016-press-conference.html

At the press conference they're also naming Bowyer as his replacement. SHR and Hendrick have an engine alliance, but both teams are at the 4 team max. I expect Bowyer will most likely go to a small team, and drive equipment that is unofficially supplied in part by the alliance. Whichever small team lands him will get an immediate boost in driving ability and get some better equipment out of it, for at least a year. It could very easily be another situation like Kurt in the 78.

Actually looks like it'll be H Scott Motorsports. Great get for them for a year.

Stewart retiring doesn't surprise me. It's his time. He's not been the same since the Kevin Ward incident. Hell, he wasn't the same after his leg injury either. He's not really been competitive much at all this year and even has a worse average finish than Danica. Damn.

Happy is going to be tough to beat again this Chase. Have to hand it to his team, they worked their asses off to advance.

Its hard to say that Harvick was not worthy of the championship last year under the system, and this year if he wins it.

Under the old system Kyle would have no chance at a championship, and if he happens to win it this year, I also feel he'd deserve it. That summer tear he went on was a thing of legends.

The Chase provides a platform for teams and drivers to showcase themselves. The best of the best will find a way to persevere and move on.

What an absolute dominant performance by Harvick - start to finish. They simply weren't going to be denied.

JJ's Chase chances blown over a bad seal? Damn, that's bad luck. There goes one of the three drivers I picked to be there at the end, along with Harvick and Logano.

KyB's hot streak continues, too, with another great run yesterday. How long can he keep it up? (That's what she said.)

Charlotte, Kansas, and the Wild Card (Dega) are up next.

Jr.
16hone0.png

KyB
2ahb244.png

Considering Nutpunch has 11 fewer starts, he has 2 more wins, 1 pole to Jr.'s 0, a much better average starting position, and nearly as good of an average finish position. As much as I dislike KyB, I wouldn't take that bet. Dude has been on a tear.

Scary crash at the V-8 Supercars qualifying today, injuring the driver and 5 track marshals when the car climbed the fence.

Daniel Trotta is also tweeting that a championship contender (didn't specify which series) will be making a major announcement tomorrow night on RaceHub. Rampant speculation is Regan Smith going to the 9 to replace Hornish.

Daniel Trotta is also tweeting that a championship contender (didn't specify which series) will be making a major announcement tomorrow night on RaceHub. Rampant speculation is Regan Smith going to the 9 to replace Hornish.

If true, that would be a good move for RPM. As for Regan Smith, I think he has earned a second chance in the Sprint Cup Series. Hornish sure hasn't done much so far with his second bite at the apple.

If true, that would be a good move for RPM. As for Regan Smith, I think he has earned a second chance in the Sprint Cup Series. Hornish sure hasn't done much so far with his second bite at the apple.

Ehh, they are both "luck up and win once every five year type drivers." They are the Elliot Sadlers of the world that a true Cup team is always going to be looking to upgrade.

Unfortunately, the really good shoes in the second tier series all drive for teams with Cup rides. If Petty Motorsports could get a guy like Chris Buescher out from Roush, Buescher might win one race a year at the smaller tracks and fill in with a handful of top tens and the occasional top five.

On to Dega. I always pronounced it Talla-dayga, but according to the track Dega PR guy who was interviewed during the race yesterday, the name is actually pronounced Talla-digga. I'd always heard it said dayga, so that was news to me.

I know people are hating on Joey for spinning Matt out yesterday, but I have no problem with it. Matt was blocking every chance he got, which he should have as it was his only shot to win and advance, and Joey got into the wall a couple times. Joey kept lifting, and finally one time he didn't. It's just a racing deal, and it reminds me of Smoke's comments about blocking a few years back. I'm not a Legano fan at all, but I don't blame him at all for his actions.

Back