• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17-Chaundee Brown commits to WAKE! Brandon Randolph to AZ

Duke didn't get my sympathy last season when they had a "short bench," consisting of only seven 4 or 5 star players.

He is pretty tall for a HS sophomore and for a point guard. That mixtape makes him look more like a combo guard.

don't think we were still recruiting him but

@EvanDaniels
2016 prospect Eric Vila has signed with Texas A&M, a source tells Scout. Played for FC Barcelona in Spain this past year.

@EvanDaniels
Impressed with Eric Vila's skill. Good size at 6-9. Will need to get stronger, but mobile & can make shots.

When do we get another 5* recruit? By the end of the decade? 2025? We have had 3 in the last 15 years, right? CP, AFA, and Walker

Ty wasn't a consensus 5 star. He was only a few spots about Woods in RSCI. If I remember correctly, he sat the bench on his AAU team and there was a pretty wide disparity on what people thought his potential was.

That's not to say he didn't suck or shouldn't have been much better than he was. He simply didn't work hard enough. It's on him.

Ty was 5* on Scout and rivals, but wasn't on ESPN, but ESPN was bad at that time. Remember a few years earlier ESPN has CP3 at #51.

Ty wasn't a consensus 5 star. He was only a few spots about Woods in RSCI. If I remember correctly, he sat the bench on his AAU team and there was a pretty wide disparity on what people thought his potential was.

That's not to say he didn't suck or shouldn't have been much better than he was. He simply didn't work hard enough. It's on him.

He really had the physical tools to be great. With a good head on his shoulders and a solid work ethic... oh what might have been...

We offered 2019 6'7 SF/PF Christian Brown.

Last edited:

Is this true? I thought he was a pretty integral part of a state championship squad and set some sort of record for blocks

Is this true? I thought he was a pretty integral part of a state championship squad and set some sort of record for blocks

I think he did. He is a great shot blocker. He was at Wake too. Sucked at pretty much everything else.

He was on a loaded Boo Williams AAU team and played behind Ed Davis, it looks like. My only point was that he was not regarded as highly as CP and Aminu. He was more comparable to Woods and Big E (High 4 Stars). Big E was a surprise in making the McDAA team given his ranking but I don't recall many being shocked that Ty didn't make it.

I think he did. He is a great shot blocker. He was at Wake too. Sucked at pretty much everything else.

He was on a loaded Boo Williams AAU team and played behind Ed Davis, it looks like. My only point was that he was not regarded as highly as CP and Aminu. He was more comparable to Woods and Big E (High 4 Stars). Big E was a surprise in making the McDAA team given his ranking but I don't recall many being shocked that Ty didn't make it.

Walker> Woods but both were horrific busts. I'm also inclined to think Skip could have gotten through to Ty but even so he was so far from being good that I'm skeptical he could have ever been great.
The NBADL is a joke as most guys are making ~25K per year. They are very talented players but most won't sniff an NBA roster. Poor Ty. Always pulled for him and wanted to believe.

Back