• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17-Chaundee Brown commits to WAKE! Brandon Randolph to AZ

I think we all know why Ty didn't work out but one guy I'm still curious about is David Weaver. His RSCI was 73. I remember people were saying the dude was going to be a beast once he gained some weight. He ended up exceeding expectations by developing an NBA ready body but he still never scored more than 2 points a game. I think he even won some sort of hardest-worker award on the team so I wouldn't think effort was the issue.

I recall that Weaver's recruiting class year overall was not that great. So 73 that year was not overly talented. Teague and Johnson's overall recruiting year on the other hand was unbelievable. There was tons of NBA talent and not just in the 5 star recruits.

I think we all know why Ty didn't work out but one guy I'm still curious about is David Weaver. His RSCI was 73. I remember people were saying the dude was going to be a beast once he gained some weight. He ended up exceeding expectations by developing an NBA ready body but he still never scored more than 2 points a game. I think he even won some sort of hardest-worker award on the team so I wouldn't think effort was the issue.

If they had only let him take more 3-point shots.

So, today is the last day of the Peach Jam in Atlanta, right? Any word on which prospects our coaching staff has been eyeballing the most?

Seems like the staff is recruiting the states of Florida, Louisiana, Texas and California more than we ever have in the past.

Last edited:
So, today is the last day of the Peach Jam in Atlanta, right? Any word on which prospects our coaching staff has been eyeballing the most?

I'm pretty sure that Peach Jam is in July. Session 4 - the final qualifier - was this weekend. I'm not sure how reliable this tweet is, but here is a partial list of qualifying teams:

I recall that Weaver's recruiting class year overall was not that great. So 73 that year was not overly talented. Teague and Johnson's overall recruiting year on the other hand was unbelievable. There was tons of NBA talent and not just in the 5 star recruits.

Thought weaver was a pretty good player that should have gotten more minutes.
Dream Weaver has kicked ass in Europe, I really enjoy following him on facebook

David Weaver was a very, very, very late bloomer. So much so that he never really did much at Wake. His post Wake career has been better than his Wake career. A little like Shoe. Never much of a scorer at Wake, much better in the Swedish (I think) league where he played in Europe.

Wouldn't it stand to reason that a scholarship ACC player should have a decent career in the Swedish league???

Wouldn't it stand to reason that a scholarship ACC player should have a decent career in the Swedish league???

Well, if you have forgotten, or maybe never knew, he averaged 4 points per game for his WF career. His career high scoring game was 12. One year in the Swedish league he averaged over 20 ppg. That was pretty surprising to anyone who had followed his career at Wake.

No

ETA: I didn't intend for that to be snarky. You may be overestimating the quality of NCAA basketball, ACC basketball in particular. Like Wrangor said, athletic bigs are a hot commodity in most lower level leagues (and in general, if you think about it), but an average scholarship ACC player is going to have to work their ass off to play professional basketball anywhere, let alone in a decent league. Asia, South America, and North American minor leagues are a different story, but European basketball ain't no joke.

Last edited:
BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17- Melo Eggleston commits to Wake! Williams de-commits...

Athletic bigs tend to do very well in those kind of leagues. Weaver was turning into a pretty good offensive player by the time he was leaving here. He wasnt there yet but his shot had vastly improved and he was always athletic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back