• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17-Chaundee Brown commits to WAKE! Brandon Randolph to AZ

RW Senior Year Mix Tape. He will need to get stronger, but it may be that he is just a late developer. If he is able to pack on some muscle I think he could be a very good player for us down the road.

He'll definitely get stronger. I expect him to contribute next season - and I'll bet he proves to have much better court awareness and overall hoops IQ than the artist known as Crab. We shot 31.6% from 3-point land this past season. If the kid can shoot as well as advertised, I've got to believe that he'll end up getting minutes next season.

He'll definitely get stronger. I expect him to contribute next season - and I'll bet he proves to have much better court awareness and overall hoops IQ than the artist known as Crab. We shot 31.6% from 3-point land this past season. If the kid can shoot as well as advertised, I've got to believe that he'll end up getting minutes next season.

You know he won't

I like DDubbs better than anyone else coming in based on footage. Good looking lefty stroke with quick release. Nice size and body control.

It would be great for him to get a usable right, but Manu played over a dozen years going left 99.99% of the time.

Bryce Wills class of 2018 6'3 PG has earned Wake Forest, Penn St, St.John's offers & UVA, UConn, Arizona & Syracuse interest.

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17- Melo Eggleston commits to Wake! Williams de-commits...

Wrangor out of curiosity who are some under the radar players you loved that eventually met or didn't meet your expectations? Likewise any guys (highly ranked or otherwise) that you just hated the tape on?

I was a big Ari Stewart believer. So that one hurts. I also thought Devin was going to come in right away and be a good player. Thought Collins would be really good.

Hard to remember going back too far. When I coached intentionally removed myself from fandom in order to actually be good at my job. We didn't really have mix tapes back when I attended school in the late 90's and early 2000's. I'll try to think back and get back to you. Interesting process of looking back. Will probably have to look at some rosters.

Eta: just remembered that I predicted that Andre Washington would suck. Not a huge leap there but he has always looked like a low major player to me. I couldn't believe we signed him. He was old for his grade, taller than everyone and still was not an effective high school player.

Last edited:
I also thought Ari was going to be good. Early on he seemed to slash and cut pretty well and had a nose for the ball. Basically became a spot up shooter and little else.

What did you think about JTT? He was pretty polarizing as a recruit. Pretty wild mixtape with terrible shot selection but elite shot making.

I was a big Ari Stewart believer. So that one hurts. I also thought Devin was going to come in right away and be a good player. Thought Collins would be really good.

Hard to remember going back too far. When I coached intentionally removed myself from fandom in order to actually be good at my job. We didn't really have mix tapes back when I attended school in the late 90's and early 2000's. I'll try to think back and get back to you. Interesting process of looking back. Will probably have to look at some rosters.

Eta: just remembered that I predicted that Andre Washington would suck. Not a huge leap there but he has always looked like a low major player to me. I couldn't believe we signed him. He was old for his grade, taller than everyone and still was not an effective high school player.
I knew some of Andre's coaches at the high school/AAU level. Feel like I was sold a false bill of goods there. But he certainly represented Wake well in his demeanor.

I thought his shot was really beautiful form in HS tapes that I saw but then when he got to Wake his form was terrrible and he couldn't hit much at all. I wondered what happened in that summer to change his shot.

I also thought Ari was going to be good. Early on he seemed to slash and cut pretty well and had a nose for the ball. Basically became a spot up shooter and little else.

What did you think about JTT? He was pretty polarizing as a recruit. Pretty wild mixtape with terrible shot selection but elite shot making.

I thought jtt was a fun player to watch develop. I liked him but obviously no one knew about the demons he would battle off the court. Out of all the players that got stuck with [Redacted] he was always one that I felt bad about. There are a lot of players that come through prog arms that are battling major issues. Good coaches help those kids through the tough times and aid in the proc D's of growing up and out of childish ways. [Redacted] obviously wasn't that kind of coach.

So I liked JTT but I wasn't head over heels for him. I think a good coach could have gotten him early in his college career and really turned him into a player and hopefully a more responsible young man.

JTT, meh.
I remember a mixed tape from high school with him saying something like, "I run Charlotte." Funny, but that guy's head was never going to be in the right place IMO. Can't blame the coaches for that.

Back