• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Will Win the Nomination

posting online? With the age skew between their fanbases, I bet the online support is very close to even.

The people under 40 are the ones who must vote for Hillary or lose the SCOTUS for most their adult life. If Trump gets in, you will have 15-25 years of decisions like Hobby Lobby, VRA and Citizen's United and worse knowing they have the power for a generation or more.

The people under 40 are the ones who must vote for Hillary or lose the SCOTUS for most their adult life. If Trump gets in, you will have 15-25 years of decisions like Hobby Lobby, VRA and Citizen's United and worse knowing they have the power for a generation or more.

Picture+8.png

Wow, even Rand Paul has got onboard the Trump Train. They're all getting in line.

You're probably right. I just haven't given that much thought and unfairly brushed off your question. I've been thinking more about the VP situation. I really hope that Trump doesn't pick your guy Scott from Florida. There's something about that guy that really turns me off. I'm still hoping for Kasich, of course. I think he would be the best choice, hands down, because if Trump is going to have a chance to win this election, he's going to have to do it in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan & Wisconsin. Actually, those 4 states plus the 206 EVs that Romney won would do it....and I think all four of them would be in play with Kasich on the ticket. I also think Trump can hold NC and has a chance to retake Virginia. Finally, some have said that the Democrats have a chance to win Georgia, Arizona & Utah. I don't see it, myself....especially Utah, which is the most Republican state in the country. Obama only got 24% of the vote in Utah four years ago. And we haven't even talked about Florida. However, those four rust belt states with 64 EVs will be ground zero in this battle.

If Kasich wants to be president someday, by far his best chance is to try to become vice president with Trump, because I think there is a good chance that Trump wouldn't even run for a 2nd term...and if they had been somewhat successful, Kasich would be perfectly positioned to win in 2020, when he would be 71. I realize that is a longshot....but I think it is his only shot. He says he doesn't want it....but he, Christie & Carson were the only candidates who never really attacked Trump personally. No chance Carson is the VP in my opinion. Christie could well end up on the ticket, but I don't think he would add very much to it.....certainly nothing like what Kasich could bring.

Scott from FL said yesterday he is not interested in VP and Kasich has said it many times. I just can't see anyone legit tying themselves to Trump. Gotta figure its Christie at this point but he adds nothing to the ticket.

Like Rube said there is no way Trump can deliver PA, MI, or WI. I give him a slight chance of OH if Kasich supports Trump. As long as HRC takes FL, she can lose a lot of other states like VA, OH, IA, & NH and still win. I seriously doubt Trump can deliver FL with all the Latinos and women down there. No matter what he says he can't reverse the negative numbers working against him with those 2 groups.

Trump won 14% of the Republican primary in Utah. I don't see why it wouldn't be in play.

Charlie Baker says he won't vote for Trump or Clinton.

Trump is a clown. No serious establishment Pub is going to be his lackey.

Trump won 14% of the Republican primary in Utah. I don't see why it wouldn't be in play.

Charlie Baker says he won't vote for Trump or Clinton.

I seriously doubt Utah is in play. He won that much against other Republicans- including one that was endorsed by their beloved Romney. Put Hillary up as his opponent and it's completely different.

Utah is not in play but you can sure bet AZ is now. This is gonna give McCain headaches in his race for re-election.

Arizona is gonna be in play because of the guy who wants to put a wall on the border? Not doubting you as I'm sure you know more about it but that surprises me having spent some time there.

Just a sampling of polls from states people are talking about on here. In each case I've taken the most recent poll:

North Carolina: Clinton +12 in Civitas (two weeks old); tied in PPP (two weeks old)
Pennsylvania: Clinton +15 (three weeks old)
Ohio: Clinton +3 (two weeks old)
Michigan: Clinton +11 (six weeks old - done by SurveyUSA which has great ratings on 538 pollster methods from 2014)
Wisconsin: Clinton +12 (three weeks old)
Virginia: Clinton +9 (five weeks ago)
Florida: Clinton +13 (a week and a half ago)
Georgia: Clinton +13 (five weeks ago)
Arizona: Clinton +7 (a month ago)
Utah: Tied (six weeks ago)
New Hampshire: No polls yet

Tracking trends in these states will be interesting as the election pushes forward. Some of these polls are likely to not be great and others are likely to be spot on - just a mixed bag. Trends are the important part IMO which is also why it's interesting to dig into the underlying demographics of the CNN poll released earlier this week to see if there are any noticeable changes in support for Trump among minorities and women.

Or, everyone could just ignore the polls and vote for who they think would make the best president on election day, and see how it shakes out.

Or, everyone could just ignore the polls and vote for who they think would make the best president on election day, and see how it shakes out.

Classic 2&2 - also pretty representative of why Romney, Rove, and the GOP were shellshocked in 2012. Doing the same thing over and over and over....

Utah is not in play but you can sure bet AZ is now. This is gonna give McCain headaches in his race for re-election.

No kidding. Jeff Flake's not on the ballot in November, but he wouldn't have dissed Trump if AZ were a slam dunk. Called the wall "nutty". Can't be terribly worried about facing a Tea Party primary challenger in 2018.

Trump is a clown. No serious establishment Pub is going to be his lackey.

Given the campaign he's run, Trump shouldn't want a serious establishment VP in the first place.

Back