• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tough thing about Barnidge signing anywhere is that he and his agent will want something reflecting his 2015 numbers, and teams will want him at every other year of his career numbers.

And that he'll be 32 in September.

cam-romper-2.jpg

I love this dude.

2017 Coachella is the height of modern douchery. Not sure I want my franchise QB there.

It's not unusual but I can't see GMan doing it.

My takeaway is that the safety position remains super weak.

I think it's more unusual now that teams kick off from the 35. And Gano is pretty good at getting touchbacks.

Can't see it really

I'd keep Fozzy over CAP, I realize we don't really know what CAP can do but I think Fozzy is much more versatile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Panthers Off-season Thread

Webb is a useful special teamer overall.

Having two former starters as backups with one able to play special teams is a huge luxury. I can't see letting him go unless it is to keep an extra very promising skill position player.

Last edited:
I mean do you expect him to look like Antonio Brown running routes? He's never going to be a burner or get a ton of separation. And it's still super early, I feel confident that he will be in game shape by the start of preseason.

As for Joe Webb, i've said it before, but if we have to play him more than 1 game, the season is gone anyway, so the fact that he can play QB shouldn't matter to anyone at all. IF he's the best guy at what he can do on special teams then keep him on the roster as he's a valuable player. If not, id rather replace him with a DB or offensive skill guy that has a chance to be a more valuable contributor somewhere other than special teams. A guy with equal special team play and adds something at another position has to be more valuable than what Webb brings as a 3rd string QB (who isn't going to win you games) who won't play at all anywhere other than special teams unless the season is a disaster again. Just my two cents.

Yea that seems overly harsh especially considering the deal is at worst a two year deal as he claims. That's not a big burden in the grand scheme of things. If he's back healthy and makes the improvement with the Panthers scheme that Oher did, it's a fine deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back