• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, he also announced CMC this year. TD is a great dude and the organization stood by him through a 1st half of his career plagued by injuries. he's probably cool with getting rest to prolong his career and the best person to teach Shaq.

Assume this also means Mayo/Cash will see some increased snaps. Staff seems high on both of those guys.

yeah, i think in a couple years Cash will be our starting 4-3 WLB with Shaq in the TD role. The limited snaps for Cash in base defense is fine for an UFA, while Shaq as a former 1st rd pick will be on the field about all the snaps.

2017 Panthers Off-season Thread

I doubt that. Seems clear that we are going to be in the nickel more often. Luke isn't coming off the field unless it's garbage time or he's hurt. Even if he's hurt, Shaq might play in the middle.

I think this is great news for TD. This may help him get a one year deal after this year. He can still play at a Pro Bowl level and managing his reps will help him do that.

Edit: This was in response to tiger saying Mayo and Cash will get more PT.

Last edited:
TD from Facebook today.

Thomas Davis
15 mins ·
Had to come in and figure out a way to make up for these extra reps I'm about lose LOL. My dawg @shaqthompson is a beast and most certainly needs to be on the field more. The way I see it this is another way to help extend my career. I might play till I'm 37 #1100LBs #ImNotOldYet #KeepGrinding

Exactly. I like the prospects of having three elite LBs splitting time. I do hope Mayo gets some reps at MLB to relieve Luke, but I just don't think that's going to happen.

I do hope that TD retires a Panther before he gets injured again. If he makes it to 36-7-8 it will be damn impressive.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Think I read Volmer had lost 75 pounds a la Jordan Gross and is probably done playing football. Doubt he's an actual option.

Barnidge would be sweet. Our redzone offense would/should be near unstoppable this year (assuming decent OL play).

JStew as the power back, with the option of Cam running. CMC receiving back/slot. KB (and even Funions) on slants/fades. Olsen/Barnidge in 2 TE sets.

Barnidge would add ton of value.

Olsen, Barnidge, Caf and KB with Cam and Stew in shotgun could be devastating in the red zone.

The formations you can motion into and out of are endless.

Barnidge would add ton of value.

Olsen, Barnidge, Caf and KB with Cam and Stew in shotgun could be devastating in the red zone.

The formations you can motion into and out of are endless.

Yes please

Steve Wilks says we're going to start transitioning Shaq to TDs role this year... as expected when he was drafted. So far TDs durability has limited Shaqs snaps almost entirely to base packages, this year the staff will proactively rest TD and insert Shaq in nickel packages.

I like this, but I was also selfishly hoping we would keep Shaq's reps down until we could get him long term on a team-friendly deal. Keeping TD healthy and fresh while getting Shaq more reps... I'm in. Shaq will be a beast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL. Peppers, Captain, AND Barnidge coming back would be hilarious.

Convert Funchess to TE3 and I'm all in.

LOL. Peppers, Captain, AND Barnidge coming back would be hilarious.

Convert Funchess to TE3 and I'm all in.

That's exactly why I liked the Funions pick. Try him out at WR early in his career. If that doesn't work, turn him into a pass-catching Tight End

This will be year 3 for Funchess, which I feel like is usually when non-elite WR's make the biggest jump. He's young in age (came out a year early) and hasn't played the position as long as most out there (only played WR 2 years at Michigan), but I'm running out of excuses. He needs to take a considerable step forward this year. He flashed big play potential at Michigan, and has had a few big plays for Carolina, but he hasn't been able to consistently create separation, and certainly not in the time we give Cam.

Last edited:
If we get Barnidge, I'm not sure how much we'll be using a slot receiver. We could see more Stew and CMC in two back sets with CMC motioning out or serving as a defacto slot. You don't get Barnidge to play him HOF Dickson reps.

I'm really curious what the WR2 spot will look like. Right now I could see Benjamin/Johnson on one side with Shepard/Samuel on the other on Olsen split wide.

Who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back