• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stanley Cup Finals Mafia Game - Sharks win the Cup!

Final Vote Count for Day 4:

sd3 (6) – Gooner, Eagles, jtp, damo, QT, loki
Eagles (5) – Numbers, bym051d, DV7, Raise, Boston
Boston (3) – Toogs, Deacsfan27, , Tejas
Gooner - sd3

PM with issues.

The crowd rejoices after sd3 - Sidney Crosby, Penguins Mafia Role Blocker - is removed from the ice. sd3 has been lynched.

You are Sidney Crosby. You are the biggest name in the game, and have been so since you were drafted. You haven’t always been the best player on your team, and your team hasn’t necessarily achieved as much as expected from a generational talent like yourself, but you still command the attention of the public (and the league’s PR) like no one else. Because, at times, it seems like no one else in the league matters, you can turn this to your advantage as a role blocker. Each night, you may pick one target. That target will be unable to use any active powers they may have. The role block will not interfere with any passive powers, and you should be mindful of the order of operations. You may choose whether or not to use this power each night, and you may not target the same player on consecutive nights.

Night moves please.

Last edited:
The Sharks strike again, this time taking out their biggest rival. loki - civ gf hunter - has been eliminated.

You are the L.A. Kings. You have had a very strong run the past few years, but you were not able to get out of the first round of the playoffs this season. Worse than that, you were knocked out by the Sharks, the same team you knocked out last year by winning 4 straight after dropping the first three against them. So you've always got that. You can strike the next blow in the rivalry this game. You know that Joe Pavelski is the Sharks Godfather. You may also investigate one player each night to determine if he/she is the San Jose mafia godfather. Investigations will come back “Pavelski” or “not Pavelski”.

Day 5 starts now and ends at 1:30. Please check your PMs.

***doofus***

Keep the quiet kills going

You didn't post anything about numbers QT. But thanks for the analysis.

I'm curious what everyone else thinks about the silencing call out from numbers. He's either mafia that knew gooner was silence or picked up on it when no one else did. Historically, numbers isn't the pick up on something everyone else missed kind of player.

Based on his last round vote (Numbers) and this post above, it is possible that Loki found Numbers and was trying to get us on him. He didn't switch until the very last minute.

I'm guessing that if he found the godfather he would have just revealed though.

Based on his last round vote (Numbers) and this post above, it is possible that Loki found Numbers and was trying to get us on him. He didn't switch until the very last minute.

So Loki finds the one person in the game his role permits him to find and he breadcrumbs it? Great theory.

A GF Hunter has 1 job to do. If he does it, he says something.

Final Vote Count for Day 4:

Eagles (5) – Numbers, bym051d, DV7, Raise, Boston
Boston (3) – Toogs, Deacsfan27, , Tejas

PM with issues.

Raise, dv7, doofus and tejas have the worst of these votes, methinks

I agree with both of you, which is why I said the second line.

Pretty quick defense mechanism there though.

Did the Boston switch at the end bother anyone else?

Raise, dv7, doofus and tejas have the worst of these votes, methinks

Why?

I read Tejas as heavy civ and have DV7 as a civ too. I don't have a read on Doofus but this isn't his normal mafia game. I don't play with Raise much but still think Raise and Eagles on the same mafia makes a ton of sense based off their interactions.

Why?

I read Tejas as heavy civ and have DV7 as a civ too. I don't have a read on Doofus but this isn't his normal mafia game. I don't play with Raise much but still think Raise and Eagles on the same mafia makes a ton of sense based off their interactions.

Timing, mostly. Dv7 had a particularly egregious vote, possibly even worth voting him this round, if not for that I have enjoyed going after quiets. It has semi-worked to create more participation and I think we should continue.

The Raise switch at 10:23 bothered me much more (Eagles to Boston).

Agreed with this. It seemed as if he was just looking for any reason to get off of Eagles, thought he found something, and then when it turned out to not be a great idea he just switches back.

Back