• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HB2 Strikes Again

I get that for matters of employment and social services and commerce.

But for bathrooms?

Bathroom access is part of employment, social service, and commerce. It's a starting point.

Are you saying that everyone has a right to be comfortablr when in the bathroom?

Bathroom access is part of employment, social service, and commerce. It's a starting point.

I see zero need to codify bathroom protections for transgenders. What condition/problem was being adressed by this?

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/taylor-batten/article102315532.html

For example, he told me, “I strongly disagree with anyone being fired or not hired based on sexual orientation.” But he said it’s Congress’s job, not North Carolina’s or Charlotte’s, to make that law. He told me Congress should pass a civil rights law that extends protections to gays. Pressed on whether he was saying gays do deserve legal protection, McCrory took a half-step back: “I wish the federal government would have this discussion.”

Bold state level leadership from McCrory. Along with the tidbit that McCrory had an event where he gave the impression that the questions were submitted by others (including the Charlotte Observer) but they were actually all from the campaign. :bowrofl:

Last edited:
As dumb and unnecessary as I think the bathroom ordinance is, it's staggering how poorly the state GOP has responded to this. They are doing demonstrable harm to the NC economy.

Which they've been doing the whole time.

Sure. But how many trans people do you pass by or even know and you can't tell?

At 0.3%, that's one of 300 people.
No doubt there are some, but I think they are mostly the exception in this argument and the penis-check test we need for them is mostly a strawman. I don't think city ordinances and protections are aimed at the few who can hide in plain sight.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Lots of cities, states, and countries worldwide have taken the actions that Charlotte did. Their action was not unusual. What was unusual was the response. That is where the focus should be.

The public is retarded and the politicians have their own agenda. Especially in North Carolina. Absolutely embarrassing.

A few years ago we had a dude come into work one day (and all days since) as a woman. I will say that the women in the office were not happy with him using the women's bathroom.

A few years ago we had a dude come into work one day (and all days since) as a woman. I will say that the women in the office were not happy with him using the women's bathroom.

Those women need to be mansplained to. Thinking for themselves on this issue? Please.

From today's NY Post's Phil Mushnick: ACC shows its selective scruples

Odd, how the Atlantic Coast Conference has the wisdom and muscle to tell us what is wrong with the world — spanking the state of North Carolina by eliminating conference championships from the state because of its birth-certificate-corresponding bathroom laws — regarded as discriminatory to transgenders.

Yet, the ACC has neither the wisdom nor muscle — nor, likely, the inclination — to keep the ACC even traditionally clean of academic and financial fraud, not to mention prevent the arrests of its scholarship players for theft, sexual assaults and gun possession.

The high-mindedness of ACC schools on sexual preference issues showed up in 2012 when Duke didn’t renew its on-campus deal with Chick-fil-A in protest of a company ownership’s opposition to same-sex marriage.

A year later, Duke was invited to play Texas A&M in the Chick-fil-A Bowl. The ACC’s take would be $4 million. Hmm. Duke played.

I get that for matters of employment and social services and commerce.

But for bathrooms?

Yes, for bathrooms. What is wrong with clarifying what people should be allowed to do unless you disagree with what they are allowed? Our society is changing. Some who have been marginalized to the shadows in the past are now gaining a more visible position in our culture. Things are not as simple as they used to be, and are only getting more "complicated" for some.
There are obviously many people who disagree with allowing people to use the restroom that corresponds with their gender identity if that differs from their chromosomes. I think it is almost expected that some of them would take the opportunity to confront the transgender. I really don't understand those that are so against this, unless they just disagree that people should be able to use the restroom of the gender they identify with. Just go ahead and admit it. I admit I am speaking outside of this thread (mostly) when I say that it seems there are a lot of people who are jumping on the "trannies" and child molesters argument, to then qualify that, "but I don't really care. They should have just left well enough alone."
jhmd, how many posts do you need on this thread just to communicate that you don't really care about the law.
(not to jh) Just because a problem doesn't exist for you, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

This would all be over if any one of the 16 ACC universities sent a PhD qualified in the study of modern biology or human genetics to Raleigh for a twenty minute lecture for the morons that populate the General Assembly.

This would all be over if any one of the 16 ACC universities sent a PhD qualified in the study of modern biology or human genetics to Raleigh for a twenty minute lecture for the morons that populate the General Assembly.

I highly doubt a PhD qualified could change the mind of many in Raleigh considering how hard it is to get nearly half of registered Republicans to admit that there is evolution or climate change occurring.

This is admittedly a very different case than the two above in the sense that there are legitimately two sides to this one, but I don't think hearing about how transgender people feel about their bodies/the biology behind it will do much good.

Back