• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HB2 Strikes Again

Seems like the most compelling arguments HB2 fans on here can muster are "Charlotte started it" and "the NCAA is bad anyway, so..."

I don't see too many "HB2 fans" on here. I see people who think that humans with a penis shouldn't use the Women's restroom. There's a difference.

HB2 was a dumb act in relation to another dumb act.

McCrory is at fault. Roberts is at fault. Two wrongs don't make a right. We're all paying for it now.
Yeah, I don't see a lot of "fans", there are a lot of people that want to maintain genital separation and I can certainly understand that argument, especially with school locker rooms. I can understand that transsexuals don't want to get harrassed too and want to chose where they go. But unfortunately the SJW crowd blew it way out of proportion for political reasons and now we're stuck not being able to have a reasonable discussion ....and with one side pointing fingers, and the other side wondering why they're getting called haters. It's f'ing surreal.

Yeah, I don't see a lot of "fans", there are a lot of people that want to maintain genital separation and I can certainly understand that argument, especially with school locker rooms. I can understand that transsexuals don't want to get harrassed too and want to chose where they go. But unfortunately the SJW crowd blew it way out of proportion for political reasons and now we're stuck not being able to have a reasonable discussion ....and with one side pointing fingers, and the other side wondering why they're getting called haters. It's f'ing surreal.
If transsexuals in Charlotte were already using the bathroom they preferred without a problem, then why is there a problem with that ability being codified? It's important that we distinguish transsexualism as a truth of identity and not a privilege to be denied at voters discretion.

A patrons gender identity shouldn't be decided by political leanings of the owner of the establishment.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

We could ask the other 205 cities who have the same ordinance Charlotte passed why they thought it was important. People act like Charlotte was on some cutting edge new legal frontier. Boise Idaho and Myrtle Beach have this fucking law.

Boise isn't surprising. Myrtle is.
Certainly Asheville or Chapel Hill has a similar law on the books.

Myrtle's doesn't specifically mention bathrooms and locker rooms, which is how Clodfelter originally proposed the Charlotte ordinance (voted down) before Roberts later went back to the original draft that included the specific references in her grandstanding.

We could ask the other 205 cities who have the same ordinance Charlotte passed why they thought it was important. People act like Charlotte was on some cutting edge new legal frontier. Boise Idaho and Myrtle Beach have this fucking law.

Dude, you have no idea what you are talking about. Boise and Myrtle don't even have the same law as each other.

I think this was about continuing to provide and define rights for those that are a part of the LGBT community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again, what right is being protected by the Charlotte ordinance? DistrictDeacon has repeatedly told those who object to it that there is no right to sexual privacy. So that means that transgenders don't get a right to sexual privacy either, unless you are expanding their rights beyond the rights of everyone else. So if that isn't it, then what right is being protected?

The right to use the bathroom of the gender they identify with, just like the rest of us non-transgender folk to? This isn't rocket science. It has to be pretty uncomfortable for a person who outwardly looks like a man to walk into a women's restroom. The law was designed to ensure that that didn't have to happen

Andy Katz ESPN Senior Writer

Furman AD Mike Buddie tells ESPN the school and Southern Conference are bidding to host the 2017 NCAA men's first and second round in Greenville, S.C., (capacity 15,951), replacing Greensboro, NC. Buddie said as soon as the confederate flag came down last year they made a decision to bid for a future site. Now that the flag is down from the state Capitol, South Carolina schools can host NCAA championship events. "We anticipated this may happen in NC (with HB2 law leading to NCAA withdrawal) and we're ready to host in grand fashion if selected," said Buddie.

Furman AD Mike Buddie tells ESPN the school and Southern Conference are bidding to host the 2017 NCAA men's first and second round in Greenville, S.C., (capacity 15,951), replacing Greensboro, NC. Buddie said as soon as the confederate flag came down last year they made a decision to bid for a future site. Now that the flag is down from the state Capitol, South Carolina schools can host NCAA championship events. "We anticipated this may happen in NC (with HB2 law leading to NCAA withdrawal) and we're ready to host in grand fashion if selected," said Buddie.

I hope they get it. Mike Buddie is dat dude.

The right to use the bathroom of the gender they identify with, just like the rest of us non-transgender folk to? This isn't rocket science. It has to be pretty uncomfortable for a person who outwardly looks like a man to walk into a women's restroom. The law was designed to ensure that that didn't have to happen

It already didn't have to happen. And I think this thread has pretty well established everyone doesn't have a right to be totally comfortable in the bathroom they go to.

Colonial Life Area is beautiful and recently renovated. I see Columbia getting it before Greenville.

Well I've come to the conclusion that no side is going to convince the other in this thread. I guess we'll just have to see where history shakes up on this one. I have my suspicions.

Back