• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HB2 Strikes Again

Good lord people. It's just going to go around in a circle. Just like D.C.

"Did SC local governments enact ordinances that might make 99.7% of the population uncomfortable?"

It would make NO ONE uncomfortable as the last thing a transgender person would want to is to bring attention to him/herself in a public bathroom.

The right to use the bathroom of the gender they identify with, just like the rest of us non-transgender folk to? This isn't rocket science. It has to be pretty uncomfortable for a person who outwardly looks like a man to walk into a women's restroom. The law was designed to ensure that that didn't have to happen

It can also be pretty uncomfortable for a real woman to walk into the women's room with someone who is clearly a dude dressed up like a chick. Again, so why does only the transgender's comfort matter? Why is the transgender's discomfort with being in the men's room a sympathetic cause, but the woman's discomfort with a transgender in the ladies' room backwards and bigoted? Why isn't the law designed so that doesn't have to happen either?

I think MM's answer was "right to use the bathroom of the gender they identify with" not "be comfortable." I don't mean to put words in his mouth though.

Not to mention the good ole canard about "men dressing up as women" is back, yet again, from 2&2 - yet again. When are you going to shut up about trans issues when you don't know anything about them, haven't bothered to learn anything about them, and have shown no willingness to do so? It's unbecoming and you look like a jackass.

Pictured: what 2&2 is thinking of when he thinks of "dudes dressed like chicks"

4-hogettes.jpg

Maybe we can just give them their own bathroom. Just make sure they don't use one that anyone else uses. That seems fair. It can be separate from the others, but we can make sure they're equal.

Maybe we can just give them their own bathroom. Just make sure they don't use one that anyone else uses. That seems fair. It can be separate from the others, but we can make sure they're equal.

I feel like know you well, but I can't tell if you're being sarcastic here or not. :confused:

I think MM's answer was "right to use the bathroom of the gender they identify with" not "be comfortable." I don't mean to put words in his mouth though.

Not to mention the good ole canard about "men dressing up as women" is back, yet again, from 2&2 - yet again. When are you going to shut up about trans issues when you don't know anything about them, haven't bothered to learn anything about them, and have shown no willingness to do so? It's unbecoming and you look like a jackass.

That isn't a right as far as I know, but let's assume that it is for purposes of discussion. Why is that a right to be granted/respected, but the corollary right of a person to use the bathroom of only their sex is not? And that is the problem with the Charlotte ordinance - there is no way to spin it as "granting rights" to transgenders without also reducing the same or similar rights of non-transgenders.

.. there is no way to spin it as "granting rights" to transgenders without also reducing the same or similar rights of non-transgenders.

Can you expound upon which rights are being taken away, and do you have a plan for an "sincerely felt uncomfortability" test?

Does SC expressly prevent local governments from granting protections for transsexuals?

So I am going to take your non-responsive answer as "no, SC does not include transsexuals as a protected class." So NCAA and ACC games will be moved from NC where transsexuals are expressly not in the protected class list, to SC where they are still not in a protected class list. No difference between the states in bathroom access. No difference in rights.

I'm getting tired of the rights of responsible penis owners being attacked.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

So I am going to take your non-responsive answer as "no, SC does not include transsexuals as a protected class." So NCAA and ACC games will be moved from NC where transsexuals are expressly not in the protected class list, to SC where they are still not in a protected class list. No difference between the states in bathroom access. No difference in rights.

Do you think there is a difference between these two statements:

1. Topic A doesn't get special treatment
2. You are forbidden to grant special treatment for Topic A

I'm getting tired of the rights of responsible penis owners being attacked.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Would conservatives be happy if trans women had a concealed penis permit?

Back