• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Dude doesn't really know basketball. Think he started out in soccer and got the job because nobody else wanted it.

Nice guy though.

McCorkle can fucking play. Of course, his parents are both State grads, so we'll see where that goes.

His dad actually played and graduated from Guilford, though he grew up attending NCSU games. Maybe his mom is a State grad, and/or his dad went to grad school there.

I think we want Sarr regardless of what Collins does. Given his official visit, we should assume Sarr has an offer unless it is explicitly stated that he does not have an offer. You can chalk up any uncertainty about that to the comparatively poor coverage of Wake sports recruiting versus schools with a bigger customer base.

This comment doesn't look as bad after I've been to a HS game tonight and returned home. I'm sure there are schools that are able to get better coverage, but as far as Wake targets, I've personally watched, compiled highlights and interviewed Christian Brown, Devon Dotson, Jarius Hamilton, Coby White (before he committed to UNC), Johnny Newman, Josh Nickelberry, Joey Baker, Will Dillard, Elijah McCadden, Trey Wertz, Keldon Johnson and Sherone Wright.

That being said, I read "comparatively poor" as just "poor," but either way it implies I suck. . . which I don't believe to be the case.

I think we want Sarr regardless of what Collins does. Given his official visit, we should assume Sarr has an offer unless it is explicitly stated that he does not have an offer. You can chalk up any uncertainty about that to the comparatively poor coverage of Wake sports recruiting versus schools with a bigger customer base.

He definitely has an offer now. Every site is reporting as much.

How are we doing we doing for 2018 with - Dotson? McCormack? Hamilton? Mucius?

Are we still in it with Bol Bol now that he has moved to Mater Dei?

This comment doesn't look as bad after I've been to a HS game tonight and returned home. I'm sure there are schools that are able to get better coverage, but as far as Wake targets, I've personally watched, compiled highlights and interviewed Christian Brown, Devon Dotson, Jarius Hamilton, Coby White (before he committed to UNC), Johnny Newman, Josh Nickelberry, Joey Baker, Will Dillard, Elijah McCadden, Trey Wertz, Keldon Johnson and Sherone Wright.

That being said, I read "comparatively poor" as just "poor," but either way it implies I suck. . . which I don't believe to be the case.

I understand why you would read that and think I'm talking about you, but I'm honestly not. We simply don't get the newspaper coverage, number of bloggers, etc... that a program like Kansas gets. I'm just pointing this rather obvious fact out because some posters here seem to assume because offers, in home visits, unofficial visits are not always reported that they have not been made.

Last edited:
I understand why you would read that and think I'm talking about you, but I'm honestly not. We simply don't get the newspaper coverage, number of bloggers, etc... that a program like Kansas gets. I'm just pointing this rather obvious fact out because some posters here seem to assume because offers, in home visits, unofficial visits are not always reported that they have not been made.

Not to derail the thread, but do you get the sense that many newspapers cover college-specific recruiting. My belief is that you generally only get that at the 'blueblood' level - Kansas, UK, etc. Do the Durham papers cover Duke recruiting? I don't honestly know. I know the two major dailies in Kentucky cover UK basketball recruiting, but almost nothing in terms of football.

And I do miss a lot. I fall short every day. I try pretty darn hard, however, and I get to a lot.

When we were recruiting Chaundee Brown, the difference in the level of detail that was publicly available on Kansas' recruiting efforts versus Wake's was striking. The reasons for that are obvious and we have no reason to expect that amount of coverage.

Don't take it personal LesJohns, I don't think this is directed at you, Deman, BSD or anyone in particular, just the way it is when you have a small school and market like Wake does.

Don't take it personal LesJohns, I don't think this is directed at you, Deman, BSD or anyone in particular, just the way it is when you have a small school and market like Wake does.

Putting Deman in the same sentence as BSD and Rivals is an insult to the latter two.

Deman is just a jock sniffing old.

So are we getting frenchie or what?

Unless Collins seriously drops off to finish the year, I think he's gone. That Dook tape of him owing Jefferson and Tatum is all he needs for mid first round.

Back