• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Sunday's not just a day of the week, folks. We should be killing it with grad transfers and walk-ons after this season.

I AM curious what we will do on the grad transfer front this next year. Would be good to find someone to fill Austin's role or even backfill with an interior player for experienced depth down low.

Sunday had 19 points and 25 rebounds on Thursday. His team won 61-44

Sounds like Manning more or less confirmed McClinton is gone after the season, per Les Johns:

https://twitter.com/Les_Johns/status/833710259894116352

Wake coach Danny Manning including Greg McClinton in his answer about seniors, along with Austin Arians and Trent Van Horn. "We're really going to miss those three guys," Manning said in reference to McClinton, Arians and Van Horn. Seems like news to me.

definitely news, confirmation of a long held assumption.

assuming JC is gone, we'll have two open slots. hopefully one is filled by Sarr, and another by a grad transfer.

Not really, Greg has been at Wake for four years and four summers. Wouldn't it be bigger news if he didn't graduate?

i mean this has long been expected but him graduating doesn't impact that he's leaving wake with another year of bball eligibility left. he could've stayed and gotten a masters here while playing on the team.

i mean this has long been expected but him graduating doesn't impact that he's leaving wake with another year of bball eligibility left. he could've stayed and gotten a masters here while playing on the team.

I do wonder if he'll try to transfer and play or just graduate.

I wonder if he has a "committable offer" or if Danny wants to know for sure what JC is going to do before he lets Sarr commit.

I wonder if he has a "committable offer" or if Danny wants to know for sure what JC is going to do before he lets Sarr commit.

If McClinton is leaving, why does it matter? Assuming we want Sarr, we have room for him without JC leaving.

I think we want Sarr regardless of what Collins does. Given his official visit, we should assume Sarr has an offer unless it is explicitly stated that he does not have an offer. You can chalk up any uncertainty about that to the comparatively poor coverage of Wake sports recruiting versus schools with a bigger customer base.

I think we want Sarr regardless of what Collins does. Given his official visit, we should assume Sarr has an offer unless it is explicitly stated that he does not have an offer. You can chalk up any uncertainty about that to the comparatively poor coverage of Wake sports recruiting versus schools with a bigger customer base.

Why would there be any uncertainty?

I've personally visited and interviewed probably a dozen Wake targets in the last few months, and update the site every few days with planned visits, etc. Not sure what you're looking for.

Why would there be any uncertainty?

I've personally visited and interviewed probably a dozen Wake targets in the last few months, and update the site every few days with planned visits, etc. Not sure what you're looking for.

So it's safe to assume Sarr has a legitimate offer and is one of our top targets currently?

Carson McCorkle, Broughton High School, 2020. Freshman Phenom.

Back